Level 3 Information Communication Technician
Lily – Business Phone Systems & Communications Solutions (Lily Comms)
Global Ave, Leeds LS11 8PR
10 – 16k per year – Dependant on experience
Monday to Friday – 9am – 5pm
Please contact: Rachel on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01133500333
About the company:
Lily is an award-winning communications and IT Solutions Company who work with businesses to support their everyday ever-changing requirements. Lily strive to build businesses the perfect Communications or IT Solutions, to boost performance, efficiency and bottom line.
Lily provide a wide range of innovative solutions for small to medium enterprises in the UK. Ask a member of our team about our award-winning phone systems, calls & lines packages, IT services, business mobiles, energy and so much more.
Lily is the home of Digital Transformation. They provide businesses with the technology they need to future-proof their business and achieve success; all whilst lowering costs, increasing revenue and improving efficiency.
Brief Job Description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for an aspiring IT apprentice with Lily – Business Phone Systems & Communications Solutions based in South Leeds.
This is a great opportunity for the right candidate who wants to take those first steps into the IT / unified communications industry who has a willingness to succeed. The successful candidate will be working in a technical, interesting, and fun office with support from a dedicated Line Manager. Communication is important but more than anything an interest and passion for ICT is key.
Initially your duties and responsibilities will consist of:
- Liaising with customers therefore requiring excellent customer communication skills.
- To develop good working practice to allocation of Equipment to engineers and customers.
- To develop good working relationship with internal office staff and field-based engineers.
- To be able to provide clear and concise documentation of completed allocated work.
- To be able to liaise with ICT Plus Cloud based Communication’s technical support help desk to provide solutions to rectify problematic faults.
- To work closely with Administration team to ensure accurate recording of all engineering activities.
- To work closely with other engineers to continually pursue self-development through in house training and to also assist in the development and training of other engineers.
- Resolving customer problems both directly from customers and through technical escalation.
- Implementing fixes and solutions where appropriate, either via discussing directly with the customer, via email, via remote access or onsite.
- To provide a fault resolution service at customer’s premises, working as a team or working individually.
- To assist other Technical staff and engineers involved in projects, and to work with management in the assignment of technical tasks where required.
- To be committed to working as part of an effective team within the Engineering department.
- To maintain the highest standard of professional conduct at all times with customers and colleagues.
- To be committed to the principles and practice of continuous professional development and to undertake additional training to meet individual and organisational needs.
- To follow Health & Safety procedures set out by the Company in order to ensure the safety of you, your colleagues and others and adhere to Health and Safety Policy of site on.
- To undertake any other tasks and responsibilities as required and appropriate to the level of this post.
- Acting as an ambassador to position the company’s reputation as a leading and respected employer.
- Required, Knowledge, skills and experience.
- To have an understanding and working knowledge of IT/telecommunications industry particularly networking, IP and VoIP.
- An ability to demonstrate excellent written, oral and interpersonal skills; be an effective communicator across all levels of the organisation.
- To have exceptional analytical skills.
- Must be able to work on own initiative and also as part of a team with limited guidance.
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language, ICT and Maths)
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position. With potentially an opportunity to progress onto a level 4 Network Engineering course with Estio Training.
Training to be provided:
Estio apprenticeship training programmes are delivered virtually by our fully qualified and industry experienced training team. Using their expert knowledge, we’ve purposefully built our programmes around the real-world use of modern technology, so that the skills we create can be directly applied in the workplace.
Throughout the apprenticeship learners receive coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who are there to ensure they get the most from their work experience.
Successful completion of this apprenticeship gives you an accredited Level 3 Information Communications Technician, with training in how to:
- Efficiently operate and control your ICT infrastructure – physical or virtual hardware, software, network services and data storage.
- Use infrastructure management tools to automate the provisioning, testing, deployment and monitoring of infrastructure components.
- Prioritise systems support tasks and monitor and maintaining system performance
- Maintain regulatory, legal and professional standards.
- Support the information systems needs for your business.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com