Level 3 Information Communications Technician
Company: HelpDesk Heroes
Full Address: 1 Long Lane, London, SE1 4PG.
Weekly Hours Worked: Monday – Friday 9-5.
Salary: £16,000 – £23,000 Per Annum
Please contact Daniel on Daniel.Buck@estio.co.uk or call 0203 834 2872
About the company:
HelpDesk Heroes are a team of experienced technical specialists delivering professional, proactive and bespoke IT support to various industries and sectors. As part of our ongoing growth strategy, we have opened up the opportunity to expand our support team with an IT Support Engineer. This is a great opportunity for a driven, motivated and IT passionate individual to join an international support team working in multiple sectors.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for an IT Support Engineer Apprentice with HelpDesk Heroes, an IT Support company based in Central London.
Candidates for this role must be comfortable dealing with people, both face-to-face and remotely using telephone and video/screen sharing. Given the nature of our business at HDH, we are looking for an enthusiastic, fast learner who has the ambition to develop their IT skills within many different areas. As an IT Support Engineer, you’ll learn how to provide technical support via an IT helpdesk portal, in person, email and over the phone.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- 1st Line IT support and escalation.
- Tracking and routing problems and requests.
- Client management both face to face and via email and phone.
- Troubleshooting, configuring and assisting with various software packages for Windows, macOS and Linux.
- Assisting our remote specialists with hands-on tasks for local networks.
- Assisting with project planning and delivery.
- Assisting with new client acquisition and on-boarding.
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
Skills/ Personal Qualities Required:
- Good knowledge of technical IT.
- Experience with troubleshooting and resolving technical issues.
- A confident approach to communicating clearly and effectively with customers through a variety of channels.
- To maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries and adhere to all service management principles.
- Must demonstrate a passion for IT through previous experience (can be personal or professional experience).
- Driven/hungry to succeed.
- Must demonstrate a ‘can do attitude’.
- Quick/keen learner who is committed to both work and learning.
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
Estio apprenticeship training programmes are delivered virtually by our fully qualified and industry experienced training team. Using their expert knowledge, we’ve purposefully built our programmes around the real-world use of modern technology, so that the skills we create can be directly applied in the workplace.
Throughout the apprenticeship learners receive coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who are there to ensure they get the most from their work experience.
Successful completion of this apprenticeship gives you an accredited Level 3 Information Communications Technician, with training in how to:
- Efficiently operate and control your ICT infrastructure – physical or virtual hardware, software, network services and data storage.
- Use infrastructure management tools to automate the provisioning, testing, deployment and monitoring of infrastructure components.
- Prioritise systems support tasks and monitor and maintaining system performance
- Maintain regulatory, legal and professional standards.
- Support the information systems needs for your business.
To apply for this job email your details to Daniel.Buck@estio.co.uk.
View all Level 4 Apprenticeship Jobs
View Information Communications Technician Apprenticeship Course Overview
Find out about Level 4 Apprenticeships