Digital and Technology Solutions Degree Apprenticeship
Part of the Government’s strategy to fill the digital skills gap in the UK, our Level 6 Digital and Technology Solutions degree apprenticeship was developed. Professionals working within the digital sphere are responsible for the delivery of technology solutions across a range of business areas, such as in digital marketing, data science or beyond. This includes software, cyber security, data analysis, cloud infrastructure and IT consultancy. Our BSc Digital and Technology Solutions course will teach your employees all they need to know, enabling them to implement solutions, develop new products, and increase productivity.
Skills gained with a digital and technology solutions degree apprenticeship
A digital and technology solutions professional has:
- A structured, analytical and critical thinking approach to understand the complex issues that come with implementing new technology solutions within existing organisational structures and processes
- The business acumen and ability to use questioning and research to understand the business need
- The ability to give and receive feedback constructively
- Fluency in written and visual communications to be able to articulate complex issues
- The value of presenting and visualising business insights to gain commitment from senior stakeholders to moderately complex technology-oriented solutions
- Identification of preferences, motivations, strengths and limitations of stakeholders and application of these insights to work
- The ability to lead, influence and persuade others
- Time management and the ability to deliver high performance whilst working under pressure
- 30 months
- Study modes
- Online teaching, coaching, and workplace development
- Qualifications Achieved
- Bachelor of Science in Digital and Technology Solutions (BSc Digital and Technology Solutions) awarded by BPP University
Benefits of a digital and technology degree apprenticeship
A digital and technology solutions degree apprenticeship will:
- Provide you with up-to-date skills which are essential to building a stronger business
- Develop your employees to understand the role and the significance of the technology across your organisation
- Teach your employees the value of investments in technology and how this can be used to deliver a competitive advantage
- Enable graduates to operate across a range of digital roles to encourage growth in your organisation through new products, services and productivity
A Digital and Technology Solutions Degree apprenticeship will provide you with:
- A solid foundation for a professional career in digital and technology
- The technology talent to become a confident professional with the ability to operate across a range of technical roles
- Added value and further expertise for your organisation, making you more employable
- Great progression opportunities, opening up the Level 7 MSc in Applied Data Analytics upon completion
A Level 6 Digital and Technology Solutions apprentice will be aware of how business exploits technology solutions for a competitive advantage. They will be able to utilise contemporary techniques for design, developing, testing, correcting, deploying and documenting software systems, from specifications, using agreed standards and tools. They will have an awareness of the role of data management systems in managing organisational data and information, as well as how to deliver a technology solutions project accurately, consistent with business needs. This course offers many digital and technological solutions skills developed during similar courses, such as the Level 6 Marketing Apprenticeship or Level 6 Data Science Apprenticeship.
- Infrastructure and Cloud
- Programming in Python
- Service Management
- Object Oriented Programming in Java
- Database and SQL
- Cyber Security and Infrastructure
- Robotic Process Automation
- Scrum and Agile
- Enterprise Architecture
Each apprenticeship course has a standard set of competencies – Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours – that are focused on throughout the programme. The Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours are evaluated through the End-Point Assessment (EPA), which is completed in the last month of the apprenticeship. The EPA is conducted by an external assessor, and will include the following elements that need to be completed in order to finish the apprenticeship.
- A project report submitted after the gateway, answering a series of critical and evaluative skills and behaviours questions based on work experience
- A professional discussion
Entry requirements may vary depending on the requirements of the employer. Our aim is to recruit students with ambition and drive who will have varied academic and professional backgrounds, therefore we encourage those with an appropriate qualification and/or suitable work experience to apply. Entry requirements are as follows:
- 104 UCAS points and GCSE maths and English (grade C or above). Sponsoring employers may set their own criteria which are equivalent or higher than the University entry criteria; OR
- Have a recognised and equivalent qualification and apply following the Accredited Prior Learning and/or Accredited Prior Certified Learning procedure; OR
- Completion of a Level 3 apprenticeship/professional qualification in a relevant discipline
Applicants whose first language is not English will be required to provide certified proof of ability in written and spoken English to at least IELTS Level 6.0 (overall) or equivalent, plus a minimum of 6.0 in writing. Students with an overall IELTS of 6.0 or equivalent will be required to undertake an in-sessional English/Academic English course during the first term of their studies.
We will consider applications from employees with sufficient work experience. They will need to complete a skills matrix and we will also require a motivation assessment from employers that supports their application. Applicants must be employed in a relevant role to apply.
This apprenticeship programme costs £25,000, all covered through the Apprenticeship Levy. Even if your business doesn’t pay into the Levy, the government funds 95% of all apprenticeship training, with your business only paying 5%.
Digital and Technology Solutions Apprenticeship Standard
Recently revised, the Digital and Technology Solutions Apprenticeship Standard outlines that this course is designed to teach learners to maintain digital and technology strategies through technology leadership. Duties carried out during this course include:
- Carrying out critical analysis of business domains in order to identify the roles of information systems, highlight issues and identify opportunities.
- Identifying organisational information requirements and modelling data solutions using conceptual data modelling techniques.
- Following a systematic methodology for initiating, planning, executing, controlling and closing technology solutions projects.
- Planning, designing and managing computer networks with an overall focus on the services and capabilities that network infrastructure solutions enable in an organisational context.
Why choose our digital and technology solutions degree apprenticeship?
Estio is a leading provider of digital and technology apprenticeship programmes, offering a comprehensive apprenticeship course informed by industry experts, and delivered remotely to ensure enough flexibility for your apprentice’s needs to be suited.
What does a digital and technology solutions apprentice do?
A digital and technology solutions apprentice will learn as they earn, implementing technology solutions that enable businesses to develop new products and services. They help to increase an organisation’s productivity using digital technologies.
What is a digital and technology solutions degree apprenticeship?
The Digital and Technology Solutions degree apprenticeship blends online learning, face-to-face workshops and on-the-job experience to transform learners into qualified digital and technology professionals.
Job roles for Digital and Technology Solutions apprentices
Becoming a Digital and Technology Solutions professional could open up doors in a range of careers, including:
- Data analyst IT consultant
- Business analyst
- Network engineer
- Software engineer
- Cyber security analyst
What our employers say
I would definitely recommend Estio as an IT apprenticeship provider. I have been particularly impressed with our account manager, who has shown a great deal of commitment to improve the learner experience. We are extremely pleased!
What our learners say
I couldn’t recommend Estio Training enough for their delightfully helpful, hands-on team, who made my journey in finding my next career venture feel like such a completely stress-free and pleasant experience.
Register for updates from Estio
For information on new courses and opportunities
Latest from Estio
Breaking into the marketing industry: Mya’s story
Having completed our Level 3 Digital Marketing apprenticeship in May 2023 with a Distinction whilst working at Kent based marketing agency, I Do Marketing Ltd, Mya Clarivette has gained valuable learning and work experiences that will stay with her throughout her marketing career. Influences on wanting a marketing career Mya first fell in love with […]
Help NGOs build digital solutions for a humanitarian crisis
Technology performs best when it’s built together and used together to better define its purpose and impact. 70% of employees said technology improved collaboration and 83% of employees rely on using technology for collaboration. This means technology has the power to help individuals and organisations. For example, NGOs (non-profit organisations) need help from software development […]
How to transform your business with CRM developers and apprenticeships
Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems are digital systems that help businesses manage customer relationships and data. They are the sound way for businesses to acquire new customers and nurture existing ones. CRM developers help businesses face challenges Successful CRM systems enable businesses to have smooth interactions with customers. As a result, businesses can nurture customer […]
How do DevOps Engineers protect software
As businesses scale SaaS, they share software with more clients and people to use. It’s important that software is protected whilst it’s scaled, or it won’t be effective. Software security Software security means ensuring security at every stage of the software development lifecycle. Software security steps needed: Integrating security into every stage of the development […]