Data Science Apprenticeship
With a course developed by experienced data scientists with a wealth of experience across industry, consulting, and private equity. Our Level 6 Data Science apprenticeship focuses on training people to have practical skills, able to solve business problems. Our data science apprenticeship is aimed at people who are data-curious, or already have foundational knowledge and are looking to gain a solid understanding of data science concepts and techniques.
Skills gained with a data science apprenticeship
A qualified Level 6 Data Scientist can:
- Use Python and Pandas to program
- Communicate complex concepts in a clear and effective manner
- Manage a data science project from end-to-end
- Build predictive models using machine learning and AI
- Use basic data engineering skills
- Process unstructured data
- Understand the fundamentals of cloud computing and cloud infrastructure
- 36 months
- Study modes
- Online teaching, coaching, and workplace development
- Qualifications Achieved
- Bachelor of Science in Data Science
Benefits of a data science apprenticeship
A data science apprenticeship will:
- Fill the digital skills gap in your business
- Enable your business to understand the strategic role of data in your organisation and its processes
- Effectively engage stakeholders by utilising data
- Offer great progression opportunities to your staff
Data science apprentices will:
- Benefit from learning how data science can be used to solve business problems
- Gain technical skills such as programming, data processing and visualisation
- Be taught by industry experienced tutors who have a proven track record
- Have a great foundational education for a career in data analytics, data science, and data engineering
- Open up your career path, potentially leading to further apprenticeships and training
Our Level 6 Data Science apprenticeship enables learners to identify and clarify the problems that an organisation faces, reformulating these into data science problems. They can use analysis and models for projects, perform data engineering, and implement data solutions. Data science apprentices have adaptability and dynamism when responding to varied tasks, as well as an impartial, scientific, hypothesis-driven approach to work.
- Data Infrastructure and Tools
- Data Visualisation and Dashboards
- Data Engineering
- Data Analytics
- Software Engineering
- Project Management
- Unstructured Data
- Machine Learning
- Big Data
- AI and Deep Learning
Each apprenticeship course has a standard set of competencies – Knowledge, Skills, and Behaviours – that are focused on throughout the programme. The Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours are evaluated through the End-Point Assessment (EPA), which is completed in the last month of the apprenticeship. The EPA is conducted by an external assessor and will include the following elements that need to be completed to finish the apprenticeship.
- A project submitted after the gateway answering a series of critical and evaluative skills and behaviours questions based on work experience
- A professional discussion
This is set by individual employers. Your employees must be in a role relevant to this programme to be eligible to apply. Applicants will be asked to provide evidence of current English and maths qualifications during the application process.
This programme is funded through your Apprenticeship Levy. Find out more, here.
BSc Data Science Apprenticeship
This is a Level 6 data science apprenticeship. The BSc Data Science Apprenticeship Standard outlines that this course is designed to teach learners the skills needed when working in a team to find ways to improve an organisation’s processes. While working within a remote data science apprenticeship, duties include:
- Identifying and clarifying problems an organisation faces and reformulating them into Data Science problems, devising solutions and making decisions in context by seeking feedback from stakeholders.
- Performing data engineering, creating and handling datasets for analysis.
- Identifying and using an appropriate range of programming languages and tools for data manipulation.
- Using analysis and models to inform and improve organisational outcomes, building models and validating results with statistical teting.
- Implementing data solutions, using relevant software engineering architectures and design patterns.
Why choose our data science apprenticeship?
Estio is a leading provider of digital and technology apprenticeship programmes, offering a comprehensive apprenticeship course informed by industry expertise, and delivered remotely to ensure enough flexibility for your apprentice’s needs to be suited. By taking a Data Science degree apprenticeship Level 6, you could take the exciting first step in a new career.
What does a data science apprentice do?
Data science apprentices learn to obtain data from a wide range of sources, combining it to provide new insights. They will work in a full-time role whilst studying, learning to structure well-defined business problems into new projects by identifying key issues, clarifying the scope, and shaping the analysis required to deliver insights.
What is a data science apprenticeship?
Data science degree apprenticeships equip learners with practical skills to discover and devise new solutions, helping to automate and optimise business processes, supporting, augmenting and enhancing decision-making.
Job roles for data science apprentices
- Data scientist
- AI scientist
- AI developer
- ML scientist
- Data architect
- Data engineer
What our employers say
Estio developed a Data Technician programme to match our requirements for an Excel based programme. They’ve been very supportive in our growing needs and we look forward to continuing the partnership.
What our learners say
I couldn’t recommend Estio Training enough for their delightfully helpful, hands-on team, who made my journey in finding my next career venture feel like such a completely stress-free and pleasant experience.
Register for updates from Estio
For information on new courses and opportunities
Latest from Estio
Breaking into the marketing industry: Mya’s story
Having completed our Level 3 Digital Marketing apprenticeship in May 2023 with a Distinction whilst working at Kent based marketing agency, I Do Marketing Ltd, Mya Clarivette has gained valuable learning and work experiences that will stay with her throughout her marketing career. Influences on wanting a marketing career Mya first fell in love with […]
Help NGOs build digital solutions for a humanitarian crisis
Technology performs best when it’s built together and used together to better define its purpose and impact. 70% of employees said technology improved collaboration and 83% of employees rely on using technology for collaboration. This means technology has the power to help individuals and organisations. For example, NGOs (non-profit organisations) need help from software development […]
How to transform your business with CRM developers and apprenticeships
Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems are digital systems that help businesses manage customer relationships and data. They are the sound way for businesses to acquire new customers and nurture existing ones. CRM developers help businesses face challenges Successful CRM systems enable businesses to have smooth interactions with customers. As a result, businesses can nurture customer […]
How do DevOps Engineers protect software
As businesses scale SaaS, they share software with more clients and people to use. It’s important that software is protected whilst it’s scaled, or it won’t be effective. Software security Software security means ensuring security at every stage of the software development lifecycle. Software security steps needed: Integrating security into every stage of the development […]