Application Support Lead Apprenticeship
Turn junior digital support technicians into drivers of your software applications across a range of digital systems. Software is the backbone to having a seamless user, customer, and stakeholder approach. Dedicated resource to maintain and advance your software technologies gives your business the agility to respond quicker to business need, identify opportunity for new innovative solutions, and build better efficiencies. Bring strength to your business’s backbone by investing in our Level 4 Application Support Lead apprenticeship.
Skills gained with an application support lead apprenticeship
A qualified Level 4 application support lead can:
- Provide operational expertise with web, application, and database servers.
- Give technically sound customer service.
- Manage a range of technical obstacles in business by building viable software applications.
- Problem solve issues with software to support and drive detailed root cause analysis of production issues.
- Provide regular verbal and written communications regarding status, risks, and issues.
- 15 months plus assessment
- Study modes
- ine teaching, coaching and workplace development
- Qualifications Achieved
- Level 4 Application Support Lead
Benefits of an application support lead apprenticeship
An application support lead apprentice will:
- Implement new technologies and upgrade existing technologies for use by colleagues and provide change management support to the business.
- Support your business to adopt an omni-channel approach to reduce time and costs within your business.
- Build, implement, and support the creation of remote working environments and collaborative working platforms, ensuring all user requirements are met so that more business can be accessed.
- Ensure users, customers and stakeholders are at the forefront of every change project, providing specific and dedicated software expertise based on business demand.
- Have a solid foundational knowledge base that is applicable across higher level software apprenticeship progression pathways, building the software skills within your business to an optimum.
Qualified application support leads will be able to:
- Roll-out different applications across business functions.
- Collate performance statistics and create reports to better define the roll-out of different applications across business functions.
- Give precision to change projects by allocating specific software based on business demand, for example mobile applications.
- Ensure ethical use of data in all systems.
- Consolidate their learning through group projects.
- Earn while they learn.
- Learn in a flexible environment.
A qualified application support lead will be confident in the fundamentals of application support so that they’ve the ability to offer users, customers, and stakeholders tactical coaching on core technology applications, both software and hardware. Then roll-out the best solution surrounding these technologies. They will also be able to combine data from different sources using data tools and methods for analysis to create an intrinsic and articulate process behind the roll-out of existing and new technologies.
- Fundamentals of application support
- Introduction to service management
- Agile & teamwork
- Planning application support & development
- Users, customers & stakeholders
- Security and applications
- Applying security in applications
- Data in application support
- Working with data in application support
- Production & live support
- Defect management
- Bringing it all together
- Career development & onward progression
Each apprenticeship course has a standard set of competencies – Knowledge, Skills, and Behaviours – that are focused on throughout the programme. The Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours are evaluated through the End-Point Assessment (EPA), which is completed in the last month of the apprenticeship. The EPA is conducted by an external assessor, and will include the following elements that need to be completed in order to finish the apprenticeship.
- A portfolio
- A professional discussion
- A workplace observation
Entry requirements may vary depending on the requirements of the employer. Usually, a Level 3 qualification such as A Levels, NVQs, a BTEC or a Level 3 Apprenticeship will be required. Employers may also expect a minimum of 5 GCSEs with grades 9 to 4 (A* to C) including English and maths. Apprentices that don’t have GCSE English and maths at the required level will need to undertake mandatory Functional Skills as part of the apprenticeship to achieve Level 2 prior to End-Point Assessment.
This apprenticeship programme costs £17,000, all covered through the Apprenticeship Levy. Even if your business doesn’t pay into the Levy, the government funds 95% of all apprenticeship training, with your business only paying 5%.
Why choose our application support lead apprenticeship?
Estio is a leading provider of digital and technology apprenticeship programmes, offering a comprehensive apprenticeship course informed by industry expertise, and delivered remotely to ensure enough flexibility for your apprentice’s needs to be suited.
Over 96% of our software apprentices pass first time with over 20% achieving a distinction. Our team of software trainers have over 30 years combined experience in industry with first-hand experience of software development in a commercial capacity. Across the team they hold a wide range of recognised certifications from Microsoft, CompTIA and BCS and have specialist expertise in:
Programming (Java, C#, Ruby, Go, Swift, VB, Haskell)
User Interface Design
Application development in MVC Framework
Database Management (MySQL, T-SQL, PL/SQL)
Infrastructure (Networking, Architecture, Virtualisation)
E-Learning Platforms (Canvas, Blackboard, Frog, Moodle)
Mathematics Software (Maxima, Mathcad, Minitab)
Mathematics (Pure and Mechanics)
Information Security (ISO 27001 ISMS)
What does an application support lead apprentice do?
An application support lead apprentice provides tactical advice, training, and support on core technology applications. Delivered to either internal users, customers, or stakeholders, they enable the delivery of application-based products and services, which includes any IT based environment providing a customer-facing service.
What is an application support lead apprenticeship?
A level 4 application support lead apprenticeship allows learners the opportunity to develop new skills and gain qualifications as they earn. They will generally carry out tasks such as roll-out upgrades to existing technologies, implement new technologies, troubleshooting, planning IT application and infrastructure change projects, and collating performance statistics for reporting.
Job roles for application support lead apprentices
- Application Support Analyst.
- Applications Analyst.
What our employers say
From the offset, Estio have demonstrated commitment, professionalism and expertise and it is a pleasure working with them. We’re confident that our colleagues enrolled with Estio have an invaluable learning experience and we look forward to the future as we continue to work with Estio to deliver apprenticeships in the digital space.
What our learners say
I couldn’t recommend Estio Training enough for their delightfully helpful, hands-on team, who made my journey in finding my next career venture feel like such a completely stress-free and pleasant experience.
Register for updates from Estio
For information on new courses and opportunities
Latest from Estio
Breaking into the marketing industry: Mya’s story
Having completed our Level 3 Digital Marketing apprenticeship in May 2023 with a Distinction whilst working at Kent based marketing agency, I Do Marketing Ltd, Mya Clarivette has gained valuable learning and work experiences that will stay with her throughout her marketing career. Influences on wanting a marketing career Mya first fell in love with […]
Help NGOs build digital solutions for a humanitarian crisis
Technology performs best when it’s built together and used together to better define its purpose and impact. 70% of employees said technology improved collaboration and 83% of employees rely on using technology for collaboration. This means technology has the power to help individuals and organisations. For example, NGOs (non-profit organisations) need help from software development […]
How to transform your business with CRM developers and apprenticeships
Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems are digital systems that help businesses manage customer relationships and data. They are the sound way for businesses to acquire new customers and nurture existing ones. CRM developers help businesses face challenges Successful CRM systems enable businesses to have smooth interactions with customers. As a result, businesses can nurture customer […]
How do DevOps Engineers protect software
As businesses scale SaaS, they share software with more clients and people to use. It’s important that software is protected whilst it’s scaled, or it won’t be effective. Software security Software security means ensuring security at every stage of the software development lifecycle. Software security steps needed: Integrating security into every stage of the development […]