Data Analyst Apprenticeship
As a leading analyst apprenticeships provider, give your business a competitive advantage by upskilling staff or hiring new ones using our Data Analyst Apprenticeship. Our Level 4 Data Analyst apprenticeship will enable your staff to make decisions using insights from customer and market data, capitalising on the information held within your business. Provide your key stakeholders and decision makers with insights that support better decision making and respond faster to market trends.
Skills gained with a data analyst apprenticeship
Learners who have completed the qualified Level 4 Data Analyst Apprenticeship can:
- Implement the stages of the data analysis lifecycle
- Apply principles of data classification with data analysis activity
- Use a range of analytical techniques such as data mining, time series forecasting and modelling techniques to identify and predict trends and patterns in data
- Apply statistical methodologies to data analysis tasks and apply predictive analytics in the collation and use of data
- Collate and interpret qualitative and quantitative data and convert them into infographics, reports, tables, dashboards and graphs
- Analyst data sets taking account of different data structures and database designs
- Undertake customer requirements analysis and implement findings in data analytics planning and outputs
- Use data systems securely to meet requirements and in line with organisational procedures and legislation including principles of Privacy by Design
- 15 months plus assessment
- Study modes
- Online teaching, coaching and workplace development
- Qualifications Achieved
- Level 4 Data Analyst
Benefits of a data analyst apprenticeship
A data analyst apprenticeship will:
- Help your organisation recruit new talent into data specialist roles or upskill existing employees who are exposed to greater volumes of data
- Deliver a commercial advantage for your organisation by using a variety of methods of analysis to predict and review trends
- Help you to understand how trends impact your business, predicting demand, costs and revenue, as well as identifying risks and opportunities
- Build a culture of continuous learning and development
- Provide your senior stakeholders and management with insights that support better decision making, enabling your organisation to respond faster to market trends
Data analytics apprenticeships will:
- Provide you with a nationally recognised and accredited qualification
- Give you access to excellent, relevant training
- Enable you to bring insights to life, helping to develop key communication and visualisation skills to help bring insight to life, informing, predicting and supporting smarter decision making
- Complete the apprenticeship while you work and earn
- Learn flexibly with our virtual training platform and the help of a leading analyst apprenticeships provider.
Our Data Analyst apprenticeship program will teach you the principles of data, including open and public data, administrative data and research data. You will learn the differences between structured and unstructured data, and the fundamentals of data structures, database system design, implementation and maintenance. The principles of user experience and domain context will also be fully understood, as will the principles of statistics for analysing datasets, descriptive, predictive and prescriptive analytics.
- Introduction to Power BI
- Foundation Maths
- Data Analysis Concepts
- Data Analysis Tools
- Advanced Analytics, Theory and Methods
- Advanced Analytics, Technologies and Tools
- Python for Data Science
- Statistical Analysis Methods
Each apprenticeship course has a standard set of competencies – Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours – that are focused on throughout the programme. The Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours are evaluated through the End-Point Assessment (EPA), which is completed in the last month of the apprenticeship. The EPA is conducted by an external assessor and will include the following elements that need to be completed to finish the apprenticeship.
- A portfolio
- A professional discussion
- Project presentation with Q&A
Entry requirements for data analytics apprenticeships may vary depending on the requirements of the employer. Usually, a Level 3 qualification such as A Levels, NVQs, a BTEC or a Level 3 Apprenticeship will be required. Employers may also expect a minimum of 5 GCSEs with grades 9 to 4 (A* to C) including English and maths. Apprentices that don’t have GCSE English and maths at the required level may need to undertake mandatory Functional Skills as part of the apprenticeship to achieve Level 2 prior to End-Point Assessment.
The Data Analyst apprenticeship programme costs £15,000, all covered through the Apprenticeship Levy. Even if your business doesn’t pay into the Levy, the government funds 95% of all apprenticeship training, with your business only paying 5%.
Data Analyst Apprenticeship Standard
The Data Analyst Apprenticeship involves collecting, organising and studying data to provide business insight. Duties of a data analysis apprentice include:
- Identifying data sources to meet the organisation’s requirement using evidence-based decision making to establish a rationale for inclusion and exclusion of various data sets and models.
- Liaising with clients and colleagues from other areas of the organisation to establish reporting needs and deliver insightful and accurate information.
- Collecting, compiling, and cleansing data, such as sales figures.
- Producing performance dashboards and reports.
- Producing a range of standard and non-standard statistical and data analysis reports.
The Data Analyst Apprenticeship is a Level 4 programme.
Why choose our data analyst apprenticeship?
Estio is a leading provider of digital and technology apprenticeship programmes, offering a comprehensive apprenticeship course informed by industry expertise, and delivered remotely to ensure enough flexibility for your apprentice’s needs to be suited.
What does a data analyst apprentice do?
Data analyst apprentices will work alongside study, learning how to gather data, validate it and analyse it, present their findings, and communicate any insights coming from the data. A data analyst apprenticeship will help your employees to make better decisions through the right skills, knowledge, and behaviours to better understand what’s going on. A junior data analyst apprentice will carry out similar but slightly less high-pressure duties.
What is a data analyst apprenticeship?
Our data analysis apprenticeships prepare learners to use a diverse range of techniques and formulas to recognise patterns and uncover relationships within the data already stored by your business. A data analyst apprentice can help you to fill a technical skills gap within your business and allow you to perform to the best of your abilities.
Job roles for data analyst apprentices
- Data analyst
- Departmental data analyst
- Energy data analyst
- Junior analyst
- Marketing data analyst
- Problem analyst
What our employers say
Estio developed a Data Technician programme to match our requirements for an Excel based programme. They’ve been very supportive in our growing needs and we look forward to continuing the partnership.
What our learners say
I couldn’t recommend Estio Training enough for their delightfully helpful, hands-on team, who made my journey in finding my next career venture feel like such a completely stress-free and pleasant experience.
Register for updates from Estio
For information on new courses and opportunities
Latest from Estio
Breaking into the marketing industry: Mya’s story
Having completed our Level 3 Digital Marketing apprenticeship in May 2023 with a Distinction whilst working at Kent based marketing agency, I Do Marketing Ltd, Mya Clarivette has gained valuable learning and work experiences that will stay with her throughout her marketing career. Influences on wanting a marketing career Mya first fell in love with […]
Help NGOs build digital solutions for a humanitarian crisis
Technology performs best when it’s built together and used together to better define its purpose and impact. 70% of employees said technology improved collaboration and 83% of employees rely on using technology for collaboration. This means technology has the power to help individuals and organisations. For example, NGOs (non-profit organisations) need help from software development […]
How to transform your business with CRM developers and apprenticeships
Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems are digital systems that help businesses manage customer relationships and data. They are the sound way for businesses to acquire new customers and nurture existing ones. CRM developers help businesses face challenges Successful CRM systems enable businesses to have smooth interactions with customers. As a result, businesses can nurture customer […]
How do DevOps Engineers protect software
As businesses scale SaaS, they share software with more clients and people to use. It’s important that software is protected whilst it’s scaled, or it won’t be effective. Software security Software security means ensuring security at every stage of the software development lifecycle. Software security steps needed: Integrating security into every stage of the development […]