Level 3 Information Communication Technician
Company: Partnership Education
Full Address: The Innovation Centre, Cranfield, Wharley End, Bedford MK43 0BT
Weekly Hours Worked: 37.5
Please contact Daniel on Daniel.Buck@estio.co.uk or call 0203 834 2871
About the company:
Partnership Education Ltd (PEL) is a growing IT Managed Services Provider, working with schools, nurseries, and colleges.
100% of our customers are educators of young people. All of our services are geared around the specific needs of schools and ensuring everything we do is focused around improving pupil outcomes.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for a IT Technical Support Technician with Partnership Education, a computer support and services company based in Bedford.
Looking for a career in the IT industry? We are looking for new talent within our friendly organisation to help deliver outstanding services to schools.
We are looking for motivated, hard-working people who are passionate about technology. Our apprenticeship programme is intended for candidates who are looking for a career with us.
We have fantastic career development opportunities and a structured and rewarding Professional Development and Training Scheme.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Respond to Helpdesk requests remotely.
- Help desk calls –taking help desk calls, logging and tracking calls.
- Hardware and software repairs in a workshop facility.
- Installation of hardware and software.
- Carry out network documentation and reporting.
- Assisting with sourcing spare parts and replacement equipment.
- Assisting Technical team with maintenance tasks and installs.
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths).
- Must have a Valid UK Driving license and use of a car as you will need to travel to the schools we work with.
- All appointments are subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS disclosure.
- Clear and concise telephone manner.
- Reliable and able to work both with and without guidance.
- Able to explain issues and resolutions to customers with varying technical skills.
- Ability to work within a team – ensuring knowledge is shared.
- Knowledge of networking wired and wireless.
- General IT hardware and software skills.
- A basic understanding of cloud technology.
The role offers a permanent role upon completion of the apprenticeship depending on performance.
Training to be provided:
Estio apprenticeship training programmes are delivered virtually by our fully qualified and industry experienced training team. Using their expert knowledge, we’ve purposefully built our programmes around the real-world use of modern technology, so that the skills we create can be directly applied in the workplace.
Throughout the apprenticeship learners receive coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who are there to ensure they get the most from their work experience.
Successful completion of this apprenticeship gives you an accredited Level 3 Information Communications Technician, with training in how to:
- Efficiently operate and control your ICT infrastructure – physical or virtual hardware, software, network services and data storage.
- Use infrastructure management tools to automate the provisioning, testing, deployment and monitoring of infrastructure components.
- Prioritise systems support tasks and monitor and maintaining system performance
- Maintain regulatory, legal and professional standards.
- Support the information systems needs for your business.
To apply for this job email your details to Daniel.Buck@estio.co.uk.
View all Level 3 Apprenticeship Jobs
View Information Communications Technician Apprenticeship Course Overview
Find out about Level 3 Apprenticeships