Level 4 Software Developer
Full Address: C4 Fenton Trade Park, Dewsbury Road, Fenton ST4 2TE
Weekly Hours Worked: Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm
Salary: £9,360 per annum
Please contact Tom on email@example.com or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
GivEnergy is a manufacturer of electronic equipment designed to manage energy use and production. We specialise in our range of inverters and battery systems which have been developed to negate the need for costly infrastructure upgrades in Low Voltage areas. Our systems use intelligent algorithms to peak shave and make the most of ToU and economy 7 tariffs as well as storing excess- generated power from solar, wind etc to maximise self consumption.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for a Software Developer with GivEnergy, an electronic manufacturer, based in Stoke on Trent.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- work on a variety of web development projects
- backend PHP development and optimisation to custom portal design and API integrations
- use CSS3 and ensure consistent style across platforms and browsers
- work with an upcoming Energy Storage Manufacturer delivering unique, innovative applications and web interfaces for our full range of energy storage products
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English and Maths)
- experience designing and building user interfaces for websites/web applications
- Experience building user interfaces for websites/web apps
- Able to use initiative
- Organised and mature
- Good time keeping
- Confident and able to work in a team
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
Estio apprenticeship training programmes are delivered virtually by our fully qualified and industry experienced training team. Using their expert knowledge, we’ve purposefully built our programmes around the real-world use of modern technology, so that the skills we create can be directly applied in the workplace.
Throughout the apprenticeship learners receive coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who are there to ensure they get the most from their work experience.
Successful completion of this apprenticeship gives you an accredited Level 4 Software Developer, with training in how to:
- Create logical and maintainable codes for software development.
- Apply security best practice to the software solution throughout the software development life cycle.
- Apply appropriate recovery techniques to ensure the software solution being developed is not lost.
- Implement accurate and effective change control.
- Undertake unit testing of solutions, with appropriate levels of test code coverage, to identify and resolve issues.
- Apply suitable ‘bug fixes’ based on severity and priority.
For a full list of programme modules visit: estio.co.uk/courses/software-developer
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org