Title: Apprentice Technical Support Assistant
Company: TLJ Limited
Full Address: 68 – 78 Leads Road, Hull, East Yorkshire HU7 0BY
Weekly Hours Worked: 37.5 hours pw
Salary: £6.00ph increasing to minimum wage for age after the first year
Please contact Tom Crossland on email@example.com or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
TLJ is a globally active provider of commercial access control solutions, specialising in contactless electronic locks and access management systems. We focus on flexible, integrated door access control solutions for Multi-Family Residential Private Rented Sector (PRS), Build to Rent (BTR), Student Accommodation (PBSA), and Hotel, Hospitality and Leisure sectors.
Our access control systems integrate with most smart building applications and property management systems, delivering a truly modern connected living environment. Our clients include some of the world’s biggest property developers, contractors, owners and operators. We operate fully in-house engineering, installation and technical support teams delivering class-leading service. An unrivalled 3-year warranty comes as standard on all of our locks.
Brief job description:
This is an exciting opportunity for someone with a keen interest in pursuing a career as an IT Technician working with a variety of IT equipment and applications.
The role is to work within the Technical Support Department and to ensure a high quality of support is offered to our customers in a professional manner, enhancing the reputation of TLJ Group Ltd.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
• Supporting customers with technical issues via telephone and via a PC.
• Supporting TLJ Engineers with technical issues via telephone an via a PC.
• Build TLJ Software either remotely on PC’s or in the cloud.
• Commission software for clients or engineers.
• Be apart of the on call rota system that covers 24/7.
• Commissioning of software with Customers and Engineers.
• Customer Training regarding software.
• Maintaining customer information
• Making registration codes for non pms/on-line customers.
• Liase with suppliers when required.
• Attending sites as required by direct
• Attend training as and when required or requested to do so.
• Attend supervisions on a monthly basis.
• Any other reasonable request asked of by Senior Management.
• 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
• Be able to give customers clear and concise information.
• To follow instructions given.
• Ability to Manage own time.
• To be able work alone or as part of a team.
• Understanding the needs of others
• Good Sense of humour
• Excellent people skills.
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive eight weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Skills Development Coach who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Standard with training in areas such as:
• Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
• PC Fundamentals
• Business Processes & Customer Services
• Networking & Architecture
• Mobile & Operating Systems
• Cloud Services
• Coding & Logic
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org