AET UK Ltd
Title: Information and Technology Support Apprentice
Company: AET UK Ltd
Weekly Hours: Mon – Fri, 9am – 5:00pm
Location: Level 11, 30 St Mary Axe, London, EC3A 8EP
Please contact Tom Lindley on email@example.com or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
AET is a global leader in energy logistics solutions. We deliver safe, high quality and comprehensive ocean transportation and specialist petroleum services to oil and gas companies, refineries and petroleum and chemical traders. We consistently strive to deliver the best conventional shipping services alongside the specialist activities of lightering, dynamic positioning and hydro-carbon capture.
We have offices and presence in Singapore, Malaysia, United States of America, United Kingdom, Brazil, Norway and Uruguay.
Brief Job Description:
Estio Training has an exciting new opportunity for an IT Support Technician to join AET’s growing IT & Systems team.
People are the heart of AET, and we use this same philosophy for our recruitment, training, and retention in the global maritime industry.
In this role, you will conduct day-to-day field support operations including incident management, problem management, service request management, and access management to meet the Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Service Operations – Conduct day to day service operations. Identify and log incidents / problems, restore normal services and minimize adverse impact on operations.
- Service Requests – Provide IT support services to business users to identify and prioritise application support needs, issues and their resolution.
- Access Control – Provide appropriate IT access rights for authorized users and prevent access from unauthorized users.
- End user Support– Provide level two support for diagnosing and resolving IT related issues (hardware and software). Where required escalate to third level tracking the call to successful completion ensuring updates to the call are tracked and logged.
- Reporting – Weekly reporting and overlooking onsite service delivery team activities to the line manager.
- Manage the inventory of hardware and software and ensure; Hardware infrastructure is properly documented. IT infrastructure has maintenance plans in place. All software is correct licensed before installation. New hardware/software initiation requests are receipted on delivery/installation and updated on the help desk system if required.
- Support and where appropriate manage the introduction of infrastructure and application projects.
- Ad hoc tasks or projects as and when required.
Private medical insurance, dental care and a healthcare cash plan. Depending on age, you will also have the option to be enrolled in our pension scheme
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Good communication & networking skills.
- High level of attention to detail.
- A good team player.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Good organisation/time management and ability to multitask.
- Need to be enthusiastic, hardworking and self-motivated.
- Good understanding of Microsoft Desktop solutions
- Good understanding of Video conferencing, Antivirus solutions, Smart Mobile Phones
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive technical IT training across a 13-15 month period before entering End Point Assessment. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Progress Management Coordinator who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Information Communications Technician Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- Intro to IT Support
- Working in IT Support
- Stability & Resilience
- Testing & Problem Solving
- Intro to Networks
- Extended Networks
- Cloud Systems
Some of these modules may include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org