The Shepherds Friendly Society Ltd
Level 3 Digital Marketer
Company: The Shepherds Friendly Society Ltd
Full Address: Haw Bank House, High Street, Cheadle, Cheshire SK8 1AL
Weekly Hours Worked: 37.5 hours per week
Salary: £4.81 per hour
Please contact Jack on email@example.com or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
We’re a friendly society, founded on Christmas Day 1826 as a sickness and benefits society. Fast-forward nearly 200 years, and today we have a range of adult and children’s savings products, income protection and life insurance for over 50s, all of which are designed to help and support the finances of families now and to help them prepare for the future. We have an expanding member base (approximately 85,000) and an investment fund growing in size (£77 million). With a member-focused staff team, our core aim is to provide an experience to members that leaves them confident their fair treatment is central to our corporate culture.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for a Digital Marketing Apprentice with Shepherds Friendly, a financial services company based in Cheshire.
- To assist the Marketing team with the delivery of several key campaigns
- Take responsibility to development content that supports the Society’s search marketing strategy
- To assist the Marketing team with content development for various marketing channels including email marketing and third-party advertising
- To support the Society’s mission, values and principles together with the Society’s policy on conduct risk.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Support the Marketing team with the production and optimisation of onsite content to grow the digital footprint of the Shepherds Friendly website as part of the wider search engine marketing strategy
- Conduct keyword research and analysis to identify gaps which can be exploited as part of the wider search engine marketing strategy
- Support the Marketing team with the development of content across various marketing acquisition channels including email, 3rd party advertising, paid social, PPC and display advertising
- To assist in ensuring that marketing activities are in line with the annual marketing plan
- To identify any material risks that occur in the marketing function. These should be entered onto the Risk Database and appropriately monitored and reviewed
- To assist with the implementation of corporate culture initiatives.
- To be aware of and comply with office health and safety procedures. To carry out other such duties and responsibilities as required by your line manager or assigned to you by the Society from time to time.
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Ability to write succinct and grammatically correct copy
- The ability to think and write creatively and translate concepts into copy
- The ability to work to tight deadlines and prioritise accordingly
- Strong research skills
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Computer literate – Ideally proficient in Microsoft Office programmes, such as Word and Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good people skills
- Willingness to learn and add value
- Is energetic and enthusiastic
- Offers ideas and handles change well
- A self-starter – doing things and looking for work without being prompted
- Does what is needed to get the job done
- Is an effective problem-solver
- Is knowledgeable about the industry we work in and continuously developing
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
Estio apprenticeship training programmes are delivered virtually by our fully qualified and industry experienced training team. Using their expert knowledge, we’ve purposefully built our programmes around the real-world use of modern technology, so that the skills we create can be directly applied in the workplace.
Throughout the apprenticeship learners receive coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who are there to ensure they get the most from their work experience.
Successful completion of this apprenticeship gives you an accredited Level 3 Digital Marketer, with training in how to:
- Source, plan, develop and deploy digital content across a variety of channels including your website and social media.
- Execute multi-channel digital campaigns using online platforms.
- Monitor and evaluate channel and campaign performance using different analytical tools.
- Adopt a test and learn approach to digital marketing activities, making recommendations for improvement.
For a full list of programme modules visit: estio.co.uk/courses/digital-marketer
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org