Role: IT Apprentice
Address: Alexander House, Cafferata Way, Newark, Nottinghamshire, NG24 2TN
Weekly hours worked: 37.5 Hours Per Week
Salary: £4.30 Per Hour
Please contact Josh Ankers on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
You buy from companies that you feel connected to, companies who share similar values. Understanding your environmental objectives is fundamental in our approach to business. There’s much innovation that’s created by our smaller regional service partners, but historically, corporate businesses have only looked to the big four self-delivery waste management companies for solutions, meaning they don’t see what’s really on offer in the UK. Our innovative approach to sustainability will help you to identity your position within the waste hierarchy and how you can positively impact climate change.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for an IT Apprentice with Novati, an Environmental Services company based in Newark.
We are looking for someone who has a passion for technology, an inquisitive mind, and who will make a difference to our business. It’s important for you to be a great communicator and equally a good listener. You’ll need to have a passion for investigation to understand and resolve the challenges raised. You will always put the user first, so we deliver service excellence and work as part of a team that contributes towards Novati being the best in the industry.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Troubleshooting and allocating user problems (tickets) within our ticketing system.
- Communicating with users through email, chat, voice calls, video calls and, remote sessions.
- Supporting approximately 100 users in a Microsoft Windows environment as part of a team.
- Supporting a wide range of applications including Microsoft 365 Business Standard, SharePoint, Teams and, Sage 200.
- Performing IT administration such as creating users, assigning access to mailboxes and, resetting passwords.
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Office applications especially Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word.
- An in depth understanding of ICT in the Microsoft Windows environment.
- Highly effective communication skills
- Efficient organisation
- Confident and capable IT skills
- A desire to learn more about IT
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive technical training online. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Information Communication Technician Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- Introduction to IT Support
- Stability and Resilience
- Testing and Problem Solving
- Introduction to Networks
- Cloud Systems
- Support Teams
- Specialism (Digital Communications, Network or Support)
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination to receive a professional certificate.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com