Top Dog Digital Limited
Level 3 Software Development Technician
Website & Software Developer
Top Dog Digital Limited
15-17 First Floor, Eastgate Street, Bury St. Edmunds, England, IP33 1XX
10 AM – 6 PM Mon-Fri
Salary : £8,385-£17,374 (based on age)
Please contact email@example.com or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
Top Dog Digital is a design agency which develops web sites for a multitude of industries mainly in the SME arena. To support this development activity, we also focus on online business software to support our clients. Problem solving and flexibility is our mantra, and we strive to maintain a high level of quality and support.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for a Software Developer with Top Dog Digital Limited, a Digital design agency based in Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk.
To work toward becoming a full stack developer covering WordPress theme development, extending WordPress with custom code, plus working with our head developer in supporting and extending bespoke online software projects.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Learning the WordPress framework.
- Working alongside our designer to understand their requirements.
- Matching designs to the HTML and CSS technology to achieve a final layout.
- Developing WordPress themes.
- Developing WordPress extensions/plugins.
- General office tasks like answering the phone, being involved with meetings etc.
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
As this role is a training position all we ask is for enthusiasm and a keenness to demonstrate an
ability to learn and adapt with the changing Internet environment. The following technical skills
would be an advantage but not essential.
- .NET C#
- Good communicator.
- Attention to detail.
- Wants to be involved and contribute ideas to projects.
- Organised and team player.
- Works on their own initiative and not afraid of going the extra mile.
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive technical training online. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Software Development Technician with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- Introduction to Development in C#
- Software Development Context and Methodologies
- User Interface Design and Development
- Introduction to Programming
- Introduction to Programming using Java
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination to receive a professional certificate.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org