Level 4 Software Tester
Web & Mobile Technical QA Tester
37.5 Weekly Hours Worked
Salary National Minimum Wage for your age
Eastgate House, Dogflud Way, Farnham, Surrey, GU9 7UD
Please contact Ciara.email@example.com or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
Vivup are one of the most successful providers of salary sacrifice, lifestyle savings, EAP and Recognition & Reward benefits, with hundreds of thousands of users in the UK, and with most of the NHS’s Trusts in their portfolio. There is also major expansion to local councils and private employers (SMEs).
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for a Web && Mobile Technical QA Tester with Vivup a Health & Wellbeing company. The role is fully remote.
You will be working with a team of Technical Project Managers and Developers. You will perform testing, and document test
scenarios from the early stages (in collaboration with Business Analysts). You will also replicate issues for developers to work on and perform regression testing.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Liaising with stakeholders to identify areas of our Web and mobile platforms in need of testing
- Initial definition of test cases
- Implementation activities
- Inspection activities
- Detection and resolution of problems
- Delivery of satisfactory outcomes
- Performing functional, non-functional, automation (incl. regression) and performance tests
- Documenting the above and making it available to relevant Departments
- This includes flows/screens, as well as technical resolution documentation to developers
- Advance the Technology & Data department’s strategy for manual and automated testing
- Identifying areas of improvement for the QA functions of the business
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
The following technical skills are not essential but would be desirable:
- Knowledge of Web frameworks (such as Ruby on Rails)
- basic programming/scripting languages (JS, Typescript)
- SQL (e.g. MySQL, Azure)
- Experience in tools such as HeidiSQL, Postman, Sauce Labs
- Experience in agile delivery (e.g. Scrum)
- Great attention to detail and desire to make projects successful
- Strong communication skills
- Team Player
- Excellent use of spoken and written English language
- problem-solving skills
- Strong time management skills
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive technical training online. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Digital Marketer Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- Introduction to Software Development Theory
- Software Testing Tools
- Software Testing Concepts
- MTA Introduction to Programming Using Java
- Advanced Testing Concepts
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination to receive a professional certificate.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org