Level 4 Software Developer
Company – Tanist
Full Address –17 Callywith Gate Industrial Estate ,Launceston Road, Bodmin Cornwall PL31 2RQ
Weekly Hours Worked – Monday to Friday- 37.5 hours per week
Salary – £15,000 – £16,000
Please contact Darcy.firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
Tanist has been a provider of well-respected ICT support in Cornwall for over 34 years. We are an innovative, growing and ever-evolving company. We offer a wide range of IT and communications solutions to both contract and pay as you go customers.
Why should you apply?
- This is a chance to start a career with a well-established IT provider.
- We are keen believers in employee progression, there will always be a ladder for you to climb if you wish to do so.
- Competitive apprenticeship salary package.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for a Web Developer with Tanist a based in Cornwall. This is an exciting and varied role and will lead to the progression of becoming a full time IT engineer, managing a busy schedule, visit clients and liaising with various departments to ensure the customers are happy with the service provided.
Assisting our lead web developer, you will assist in the formulation of requirements for new web-based processes. This will involve working with our clients to ascertain their expectations from new developments and turning those requirements into development processes. Once the process plan has been confirmed you will then assist in the writing of code using programming languages to deliver a working model. You will then be involved in the testing of the model and its implementation for the clients and will assist in their understanding of how the system works. You will get hands on development experience under the guidance of highly skilled web developers.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
Typical roles and responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Learn company standards and working practices
- Learn how to program through active developing applications
- Learn /refine web programming skills
- Working in a variety of programming languages
- Use technical resources to solve problems
- Interact with development staff
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- High level of enthusiasm for programming and software development
- Some experience of programming and databases
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills (both verbally and written)
- Grade 4/C GCSE or equivalent in Mathematics and English is required
We Value our employees and are committed to provide them with a workplace which is both safe and secure. Likewise, we create an environment where every employee is treated fairly, with respect and given equal opportunities.
- 24 days annual leave entitlement
- Additional day off for your Birthday
- Employee career progression
- Good timekeeping
- Attention to detail
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive technical training online. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 4 Software Developer Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- Introduction to Software Development & C#
- Software Development Methodologies
- Software Development Essentials
- Developing Software Using SQL
- Software Languages
- Programming Skills
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination to receive a professional certificate.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com