Role: Web Developer Apprentice
Company: Freelance SEO
Address: Old Brewery, 47 Church Street, Great Baddow, Essex, CM2 7JA
Salary: £9k p/a
Weekly hours worked: Monday – Friday 9.00am – 5.00pm (30 minutes for lunch)
Please contact Darcy Greaves on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
Servicing a huge variety of businesses across the whole of the UK and beyond, Freelance SEO Essex is a leading provider of flexible, ethical and affordable Marketing solutions that really work.
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for an Apprentice Web Developer with Freelance SEO, a Marketing Company based in Chelmsford, Essex.
We are looking for a creative, focused and enthusiastic web designer and developer to assist with the day to day creation and management of WordPress websites and website technical fixes. The candidate will be required to handle all aspects of our agency’s WordPress projects, from the initial design stage through to development and testing.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
• Assist with the day-to-day creation and management of WordPress websites and website technical fixes
• The candidate will be required to handle all aspects of our agency’s WordPress projects, from the initial design stage through to development and testing
• He or she will also be required to liaise with clients where necessary
• The candidate will also be expected to develop a working knowledge of other web platforms
• The role is a growing and challenging one that will offer the right candidate the opportunity to develop new skills in-line with the company’s requirements
• 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
• Practical knowledge of HTML, CSS, Photoshop and basic PHP & MySQL is preferred but not essential.
• Practical knowledge of PHP & MySQL is preferred but not essential.
• Previous experience with WordPress
• Basic knowledge of other platforms, including Joomla and Magento, is preferred but not essential
• A knowledge of basic SEO techniques is preferred but not essential
• Strong organisational skills
• Excellent attention to detail
• The ability to work independently
• The ability to work to tight deadlines
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt. Learners will receive six weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Skills Development Coach who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Software Development Technician Standard with training in areas such as:
• Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
• Software Development Fundamentals
• Software Development Context and Methodologies (Two Parts)
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.
To apply for this job email your details to Darcy.Greaves@estio.co.uk