Level 4 Software Developer
Title: Trainee Web Developer
Company: With Support
Full Address: Queen Square Business Park, Honley, Huddersfield, West Yorkshire HD9 6QZ
Weekly Hours Worked: Monday – Friday 9am – 5:30pm
Please contact Ciara.email@example.com or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
With Support are open-source gurus! Early pioneers in bringing open-source software into everyday business use since 2005. With Support were one of the very first companies to provide a dedicated professional and commercial open-source support service.
Our team is diverse, and our work is highly specialised. We are well respected within the technical community as the go-to people for open-source expertise in all areas. To this day we are are leading the way for other companies to adopt open-source and we are at the cutting edge of new technology implementation into business environments.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for a trainee web developer with With Support, an IT Services Company based in Huddersfield.
We’re looking for a budding PHP genius to join our Huddersfield team. We will help you train on the job, and provide courses and assistance where needed. You will need to be prepared to work hard and learn quickly. Excellent opportunity to progress your career within WS.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Creating and refreshing Drupal and WordPress sites
- Administering and maintaining Drupal and WordPress sites
- Creating custom Drupal and WordPress modules
- Writing custom Drupal, WordPress and PHP glue code
- Working from a ticketing system and accurately logging all work
- Correctly prioritising your ticket flow and escalating where necessary
- MySQL queries
- Maintaining and troubleshooting LAMP installations
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Clear communication skills
- Ability to solve problems and work independently
- Basic experience with php
- Basic grasp of the Linux command line
- Knowledge of MySQL
- Be able to take direction and follow procedures.
- Highly-motivated – can show initiative and results.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good technical troubleshooting skills
- A strong focus on quality
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Good organisational skills
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive technical training online. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 4 Software Developer Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- Introduction to Software Development & C#
- Software Development Methodologies
- Software Development Essentials
- Developing Software Using SQL
- Software Languages
- Programming Skills
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination to receive a professional certificate.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org