Title: Trainee IT Support Engineer
Company: Eserve IT
Full Address: Oakfold, Hook End Road, Hook End CM15 0HA
Weekly Hours Worked: 40 hours Mon-Fri
Salary: £4.30 p/h
About Eserve IT:
Eserve IT Ltd is a long-established year 2000 software/Hardware company based in Brentwood Essex. Eserve IT has an excellent reputation and produces the market leading product to an essential sector of the economy.
An exciting position has arisen for a Trainee IT Support Engineer in an established support team. The role will suit candidates who want to provide good customer service, enjoy finding simplistic solutions for problems and are enthusiastic about software and technology.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Provide 1st line support to clients via telephone, email and remote access
- To ensure calls for support are dealt with promptly and appropriately
- To maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries and adhere to all
service management principles
- Testing hardware
- Rebuilding hardware
- To escalate more complex calls to the relevant IT Support member
- To take ownership of user problems and be pro-active when dealing with user issues
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (Must include English Language and Maths)
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Windows 10 (some Win 7)
- Any Server knowledge would be advantageous
- Any HARDWARE builds or troubleshooting
- The successful applicant will have a reasonable foundation and aptitude in IT.
- Of equal importance is the ability to communicate well at all levels, and to keep clear, concise records of analysis activity for query management and recording purposes.
- The successful applicant will have a desire to work with people, as well as software/systems and will be eager to help our users to overcome their problems and get the most out of the software we provide.
- This role will suit applicants who relish the opportunity to continue learning and aspire to develop a set of highly sought-after skills.
Any candidate that gets through the interview process will be subject to a 1-month review with their manager and an extra 2-month (3 months in total) probation period where both parties have the right to terminate the working agreement if they should so wish.
We are looking for someone to work with us long term and feel that we have a wide range of technical areas covered and are very flexible This gives someone that is willing to work hard, the perfect opportunity to learn and become what they want in their field.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive eight weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Skills Development Coach who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- PC Fundamentals
- Business Processes & Customer Services
- Networking & Architecture
- Mobile & Operating Systems
- Cloud Services
- Coding & Logic
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com