Level 3 Information Communications Technician
Company: Intouch Systems
Full Address: 36 Hurricane Way, Norwich NR6 6HU
Weekly Hours Worked: 09:00-17:30
Please contact Jack firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
InTouch Systems is the region’s premier I.T. solutions provider. Based in Norwich for over 20 years. We have comprehensive expertise of complex I.T. systems for commercial, governmental and educational organisations. We are customer focused; offering tailor-made features, such as flexible options for in-house and/or external support services. Our customer base ranges from individuals requiring broadband services through to large commercial organisations requiring a range of network and business IT services.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for an Apprentice Tier 1 IT Support Engineer with Intouch Systems a computer store based in Norwich.
IT support engineers are responsible for the smooth running of clients’ computer systems and ensuring users get maximum benefit from them, tasks will over time develop.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Efficiently, politely and accurately logging client telephone support requests into the call tracking system
- Assisting with installing and configuring computer hardware operating systems and applications
- Assisting with troubleshooting system problems and diagnosing and solving
- Hardware, software faults
- Assisting with providing IT support, as directed by Line Manager
- Assisting with the roll-out of new applications
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- An desire to work within the field of client focused IT support (essential);
- An understanding of the importance of providing outstanding customer service (essential);
- A basic working knowledge of the latest Windows operating systems (essential);
- A basic working knowledge of the latest MS Office applications (essential);
- Ability to pass a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check (essential);
- Excellent communication skills (essential);
- Full, clean driving licence or working towards (desirable);
- Level 2 IT qualification (desirable);
- GCSE English AND Maths grade 4 (or equivalent) (essential);
- Enthusiastic individual with the ability to work under their own initiative;
- Good listening skills;
- Multi-tasking ability;
- Attention to detail;
- Good team player;
- Excellent time keeping;
- Good organisational skills;
- The ability to think logically;
- Problem-solving skills;
- The ability to prioritise your workload;
- Patience, technical orientation and interest;
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
Estio apprenticeship training programmes are delivered virtually by our fully qualified and industry experienced training team. Using their expert knowledge, we’ve purposefully built our programmes around the real-world use of modern technology, so that the skills we create can be directly applied in the workplace.
Throughout the apprenticeship learners receive coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who are there to ensure they get the most from their work experience.
Successful completion of this apprenticeship gives you an accredited Level 3 Information Communications Technician, with training in how to:
- Efficiently operate and control your ICT infrastructure – physical or virtual hardware, software, network services and data storage.
- Use infrastructure management tools to automate the provisioning, testing, deployment and monitoring of infrastructure components.
- Prioritise systems support tasks and monitor and maintaining system performance
- Maintain regulatory, legal and professional standards.
- Support the information systems needs for your business.
For a full list of programme modules visit: estio.co.uk/courses/information-communications-technician
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com