Level 3 Information Communication Technician
Title: Technical Support Engineer
Company: Data Messaging & Communications (DMC) Ltd
Full Address: 22 Lever Street Manchester (Will be remote working mainly)
Weekly Hours Worked: Mon – Friday (09:00 – 17:30)
Salary: £12K starting – Potentially higher depending on relevant experience
Please contact Tom.firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
DMC provide telephone systems to businesses of all shapes and sizes. Our solutions are built using open source software (Asterisk and OpenSIPS running on Linux operating systems).
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for an A Technical Support Apprentice with Data Messaging & Communications, a telecommunications based in Manchester city centre.
We are recruiting another apprentice after the last one was a success within our IT support function. You will be primarily working underneath the IT Support manager to manage technical support queries for existent clients.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
Primary Role: First Line Technical Support
- Processing new Technical Support enquiries,
- Managing open Technical Support Enquiries, including those owned by others,
- Making sure that all technical support enquiries are resolved as quickly, efficiently and professionally as possible.
- Updating the Technical Support wiki with procedures and best practices,
- Ordering hardware for clients and arranging logistics (e.g. telephone handsets).
Secondary Role: Systems Engineer (Client Systems)
- Building and configuring new client systems to the required specification.
- Monitoring existing clients systems.
- Maintaining existing clients systems.
Secondary Role: Research and Development
- Researching new technologies and hardware.
- Testing new technologies and hardware.
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Excellent communication skills,
- Interest in technology,
- Good basic IT skills,
- An enthusiasm for Linux and open source software would be of benefit.
- Good time-keeping,
- Attention to detail.
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive technical training online. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Information Communication Technician Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- Introduction to IT Support
- Stability and Resilience
- Testing and Problem Solving
- Introduction to Networks
- Cloud Systems
- Support Teams
- Specialism (Digital Communications, Network or Support)
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination to receive a professional certificate.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com