Level 3 Digital Support Technician
Company – Fellowes Ltd
Full Address – Unit 2b, Ontario Drive, New Rossington, Doncaster, DN11 0BF
Weekly Hours Worked – 37.5 hours per week (Hybrid working after probation)
Salary – £15,000 -£17,000 + Bonus package
Please contact Ami on Ami.Wilson@estio.co.uk on or call 01133 500 333
Founded on a culture of continuous improvement, Fellowes strives to deliver best-in-class quality products. With a commitment to unleashing WorkLife potential, Fellowes introduces new ideas that evolve to meet the needs of an ever-changing world.
Brief job description:
Introduction into a broad range of topics, skills, and knowledge within the Business Technology Solutions (IT) Department. As part of the Service Desk function within the Network Operations Team, you will be an active member in supporting the business, providing day-to-day 1st and 2nd line technical IT support. Learning new IT skills in a business environment whilst working towards a recognised IT apprenticeship Level 3.
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for a Technical Support Apprentice with Fellows, an IT company based in Doncaster.
Job Description & Responsibilities:
Your responsibilities would include:
- Learn, understand, and execute departmental processes and procedures to ensure the smooth running of daily tasks and a high level of customer service.
- Provide first line help desk support both in person, by telephone and using desktop collaboration tools to the business community in European wide locations.
- To process, manage and own incoming Network Operations support tickets, work with the business and other IT teams to solution issues.
- To ensure that tickets logged by user base in Europe are dealt with effectively, escalated when needed and solutioned in a timely manner.
- Collaborate with team members on the helpdesk to ensure all tickets raised are assigned to appropriate team, to follow-up and provide regular communications to ensure our service level is met.
- Provide excellent desktop hardware support for the user community locally and remotely in contact with other Fellowes European wide locations.
- Assist in setting up and configuring all new user IT hardware including laptops, desktops, printers, and barcode scanners.
- Learn software configuration manager and imaging tools and technique used to distribute software out to the business from a central point.
- Learn and become proficient in the use of business wide web-based Microsoft Office collaboration tools and cloud-based telephony solution, to support these tools.
- Exposure and education on wireless technology solutions used in the business.
- Learn and assist with network user account setup and administration.
- Learn skills to train and present to others in the use of IT solutions and hardware.
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Have an interest and passion to work in IT Network & Service Operations.
- Be able to work as part of a tight knit team and be a team player.
- Ability and confidence to communicate at all levels.
- Ability to work on own initiative and be proactive.
- Have a good attention to detail.
- Ability to work logically and methodically.
- Have an analytical mind and good problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivated and eager to learn.
- Organised, reliable, and flexible.
The Fellowes eight Core Competencies are the combination of skills, attributes and behaviours which are essential for all employees. The competencies and descriptions are attached with this job description.
Further competencies important for this position and key to success are:
- Influence: Challenge and influence others; makes an impact; convinces and persuades others; promotes plans and ideas successfully.
- Initiative & Responsibility: acts on own initiative, makes things happen and accepts responsibility for the results.
- Innovation: produces fresh and imaginative ideas and solutions breaks away from tradition; promotes change and novelty; eliminates non-valued added activities.
- Professional Expertise: demonstrates specialist knowledge and expertise in own area; participates in continuous professional development.
- Time Management & Prioritisation demonstrates skills in time management and delegation; prioritises according to demands and allocates resources effectively; has the ability to multi-task.
- Analysis & Problem Solving: quickly understands and analyses complex issues and problems; comes up with sound and rational judgments to ensure the right decision is reached.
- Liaise with staff at all levels across the European and Global organisation.
Job holder must be prepared to travel periodically to execute the work agenda. This may involve regular overnight stays.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, or age.
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
Estio apprenticeship training programmes are delivered virtually by our fully qualified and industry experienced training team. Using their expert knowledge, we’ve purposefully built our programmes around the real-world use of modern technology, so that the skills we create can be directly applied in the workplace.
Throughout the apprenticeship learners receive coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who are there to ensure they get the most from their work experience.
Successful completion of this apprenticeship gives you an accredited Level 3 Digital Support Technician, with training in how to:
- Helpdesk Operations and Functions.
- Maintaining Digital Systems and Services.
- Fundamentals of Digital Systems.
- Administration of Digital Systems and Services.
- Change Management.
- Teamwork and Communications.
- Introduction to System Security.
- User and Stakeholder Training.
- Working in Digital Support.
- Data Operations and Security.
- Pathways and Career Progression.
To apply for this job email your details to Ami.Wilson@estio.co.uk.