Central Window Systems
Level 3 Information Communications Technician
Company: Central Window Systems
Full Address: 9 – 10 Kelvin Way Trading Estate, Kelvin Way, West Bromwich B70 7TN
Weekly Hours Worked: 37.5 hours per week
Salary: £10k – £15k
Please contact Lois on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
Central Window Systems are one of the Midlands largest Fabricator of PVCu products. A ‘one stop’ supplier for retail and commercial fenestration products.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for a Systems Administrator Apprentice with Central Window Systems a Construction company based in West Bromwich, West Midlands.
To assist and support with all technical systems and IT hardware. To provide support to system users to resolve queries and questions. To liaise with other departments and customers to ensure clear and concise communication.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Reporting into the Supply Chain Manager you will be required to action the departmental plan in line with the needs of the business.
- Provide support for all technical systems across the group.
- Maintain Central’s ERP systems, aligned to the needs of the business, in conjunction with Business Micros.
- Liaise with all departments to ensure the smooth running of the systems, ensuring effective communication.
- Ensure all systems are running effectively and efficiently with minimal downtime.
- Work cohesively with ICM, and other external contractors / suppliers.
- Create a tracker for and manage all system related hardware.
- Provide support to all employees regarding systems issues, systems changes and updates.
- Work with Management to keep all systems and hardware up to date, relevant and fit for purpose.
- Promote and assist with any continuous improvement projects.
- Support the Supply Chain Manager and / or Operations Director with any projects, resolution of issues etc.
- Ensure KPI’s are met in the agreed timescales.
- Comply with all Company Health, Safety and Environmental policies and appropriate Risk Assessments.
- Bring a positive attitude and proactively participate in relevant meetings.
- Provide any reports or information as required by the Senior Management Team.
- Provide suggestions for improvements.
- Undertake any relevant training required.
- Demonstrate and encourage a winning together attitude and lead by example in line with our company values.
- Complete any other reasonable additional duties as requested by management.
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Genuine interest in business systems and IT
- The ability to analyse data and look for trends
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team, be a good team-player
- Ability to ask questions to fully understand customers’ requirements
- Up to date IT knowledge and a desire to keep this refreshed
- Good organisational skills
- Attention to detail, able to keep accurate records
- Flexibility in work activities, locations and hours of work
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
Estio apprenticeship training programmes are delivered virtually by our fully qualified and industry experienced training team. Using their expert knowledge, we’ve purposefully built our programmes around the real-world use of modern technology, so that the skills we create can be directly applied in the workplace.
Throughout the apprenticeship learners receive coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who are there to ensure they get the most from their work experience.
Successful completion of this apprenticeship gives you an accredited Level 3 Information Communications Technician, with training in how to:
- Efficiently operate and control your ICT infrastructure – physical or virtual hardware, software, network services and data storage.
- Use infrastructure management tools to automate the provisioning, testing, deployment and monitoring of infrastructure components.
- Prioritise systems support tasks and monitor and maintaining system performance
- Maintain regulatory, legal and professional standards.
- Support the information systems needs for your business.
For a full list of programme modules visit: estio.co.uk/courses/information-communications-technician
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com