Level 4 Software Tester
Title: Software Testing Apprentice
Company: Parker Software
Full Address: Prospect Way, Knypersley, Stoke-on-Trent ST8 7PL
Weekly Hours Worked: Mon – Fri 37.5 hours per week
Salary: £15-17K starting Depending on Experience
Please contact Josh.firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
Parker Software is the brainy software house behind WhosOn and ThinkAutomation.
We specialise in the development of live chat and business process automation software, and have risen to become the UK leader in these markets.
On a more personal level, we’re a pretty decent bunch. In the words of employees, this is a “gem of a workplace”. We’ve got a thriving software house, and we’ve built a team of clever, friendly, funny geeks who we hope you’ll love working with.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for a Software Tester Apprentice with Parker Software, a Software Company based in Stoke.
Software testers at Parker Software perform a key role in ensuring that our customers get the absolute best products that we can give to them. You will be testing our products, web applications, mobile applications, APIs, and website to find and defeat as many bugs as possible. Test automation will be a big part of what you can do, working with the development team to make this easier to achieve inside our Azure Devops environment.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Following testing steps to validate that software is working as intended
- Following replication steps to ensure that bugfixes are applied properly
- Carrying out exploratory testing on new products and features to find issues or to suggest improvements
- Writing test plans for existing systems to provide repeatability and prevent regression (failure after future changes)
- Writing and updating requirements to ensure that the business needs are met
- Replicating bugs found by support and writing replication steps
- Accurately recording the results of tests in our test and bug tracking system
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Strong IT proficiency
- Strong problem solving skills
- Good written and spoken English
- Familiar with software development processes
- Windows desktop administration
- Windows server administration
- Email configuration and troubleshooting (IMAP, SMTP)
- Web server configuration
- Good communication skills, be able to talk to both technical and non-technical individuals.
- Able to work off their own initiative.
- Drive (to find solutions and improve existing systems/processes).
- Attention to detail
- Flexibility to handle change in requirements or business needs
- Be curious about how the business and products work to challenge any assumptions
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive technical training online. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 4 Software Tester Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- Introduction to Software Development Theory
- Software Testing Tools
- Software Testing Concepts
- MTA Introduction to Programming Using Java
- Advanced Testing Concepts
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination to receive a professional certificate.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com