Sharp-aX Computer Systems
Role: Level 4 Software Tester
Company: Sharp-aX Computer Systems
Address: R&R House, Northbridge Road, Berkhamsted, Hertfordshire HP4 1EH
Hours worked: 40 Hours Per Week
Please contact Tom Lindley on Tom.Lindley@estio.co.uk or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
Sharp-aX is an innovative computer systems and business development company with a direct focus on ERP software development and B2B SME support for the wholesale and distribution industries. Based in Berkhamsted, about 20 minutes from J20 on the M25, our 3 story office is situated next to the Grand Union Canal, giving staff and visitors a chance to relax by the waterside under the shade of our two tall willow trees.
We’re here to help you develop your business by offering the latest technology and management software in combination with world class training and support.
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for a Software Tester with Sharp-aX, a software company based in Berkhamsted.
A QA Analyst / Software Tester is needed to join an industry leading software provider based just a short walk from Berkhamsted Station. Working with an experienced team you will play a key role testing revolutionary software.
With outstanding modern offices, covering 5000 square feet, a hugely experienced team made up of Developers, Trainers, Support Analysts and Salespeople, and a vast array of clients, this specialist software provider is delivering state-of-the-art Enterprise Resource Planning solutions for the distribution and wholesale industries. Due to consistent growth they are now seeking a QA Analyst / Software Tester to progress their career in a collaborative environment.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
• You will work closely with development, support and training teams
• Ensure the delivery of high quality software
• Test API’s
• Prepare test cases
• Perform functional testing (manual and automated)
• Report incidents
• Investigate software problems
• Provide feedback against specific requirements
• 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English and Maths)
• Experience in a similar software testing role or qualifications in a relevant subject
• A good understanding of the software development process
• Knowledge of at least one programming language (ideally C# or PHP) to test API’s
• Basic MS SQL knowledge
• Knowledge of automation tools like Ranorex would be a bonus as would any exposure to MS Profiler
• Good time-keeping
• Excellent analytical skills
• High attention to detail
• A willingness to learn
• A ‘can do’ attitude
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt. Learners will receive six weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Skills Development Coach who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 4 Software Tester standard with training in areas such as:
• Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
• Software Development Fundamentals
• Testing Tools (Part 1)
• Testing Tools (Part 2)
• Testing Concepts (Part 1)
• Testing Concepts (Part 2)
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.
To apply for this job email your details to Tom.Lindley@estio.co.uk