Level 4 Software Tester
Remote Working (Unit 11, Oasis Business Park, Stanton Harcourt Road,
Eynsham, Oxfordshire, OX29 4TP)
35 Hours Per Week
£18,000 – 22,000 Per Annum
Please contact Jess on Jessica.firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
Stalis Ltd is the leading provider of data services to the NHS. Using our own tools and complimentary third-party products we offer a complete end-to-end solution for data extraction, data quality assurance, transformation, interoperability, migration, integration and archiving. With over 30 years of experience, we are the trusted and proven partner for safely managing data in acute, mental health, primary care and community healthcare systems.
At Stalis we are focussed on clear goals for growth and encourage our staff to contribute and innovate with confidence. We are looking for highly motivated, positive people with a can-do attitude who will use their initiative to provide excellent results within an environment that is sometimes rapidly changing, demanding and time pressured. Hard-working individuals with an ability to work effectively as team members will shine at this small exciting company with an ambitious agenda.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for a Software Tester with Stalis Ltd, a data management company working remotely.
The Apprentice Tester is responsible for testing product releases, support fixes and configured/implemented solutions, under the supervision of the Tester. This may apply to a complete solution in itself, or it may be a component of a larger solution.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Carrying out test planning, including the creation of test plans, suites and scripts.
- Carrying out testing of software to meet customer requirements.
- Reporting progress as agreed with the Testers, Developers and Technical Leads.
- Proactively reporting issues, technical or schedule related, in a timely manner.
- Testing of helpdesk calls to ensure customer satisfaction, within SLA where applicable.
- To support the Tester and Developers in managing the releases of new software and products.
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Minimum of 2 A-Levels or equivalent experience, preferably in a computer science subject or maths
- Technically minded with ability to provide evidence of interest in a software related career.
- Basic understanding of databases.
- Basic understanding of how to write a SQL query.
- Good understanding and use of Microsoft Office products.
At Stalis we expect all employees to exhibit the following behaviours:
- Take pride in their work. A commitment to do a good job.
- Be a team player. Put the good of the company ahead of the individual.
- Be confident to learn. Not to be afraid to take on new challenges.
- Be reliable. We listen and deliver what we promise.
In addition to these the successful candidate will have:
- Keen attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Goal driven and able to work on own initiative to solve problems and actively seek solutions.
- Good organisational abilities.
- Personable and confident.
- Good communication skills to ensure successful team communication and clear understanding with customers.
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
Estio apprenticeship training programmes are delivered virtually by our fully qualified and industry experienced training team. Using their expert knowledge, we’ve purposefully built our programmes around the real-world use of modern technology, so that the skills we create can be directly applied in the workplace.
Throughout the apprenticeship learners receive coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who are there to ensure they get the most from their work experience.
Successful completion of this apprenticeship gives you an accredited Level 4 Software Tester, with training in how to:
- Ensure that the software used within your business operates as intended.
- Design and prepare test plans and conduct software testing as appropriate to ensure your software is fit for purpose.
- Collect and interpret the results of testing and make appropriate recommendations.
- Understand the software lifecycle and apply software development practices.
- Document and report test results.
- Store, manage and share test data in a secure manner.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com