Evoke Systems Limited
Level 4 Software Tester
Title – Level 4 Software Tester
Company – Evoke Aviation Software Solutions
Full Address – Hethel Engineering Centre, Chapman Way, Hethel, Norfolk, NR14 8FB
Weekly Hours Worked – 37.5
Salary – £16,000 to £18,000
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
Founded in 2003, Evoke provide trusted, innovative, and scalable software solutions exclusively to the worldwide aviation sector.
With a strong focus on data, Evoke’s industry leading solutions across the web and iPad support their customers with compliance is a heavily regulated industry providing critical analytical insights and streamlining operational efficiencies to drive cost benefits and improve staff satisfaction.
Through unparalleled levels of customer service, Evoke work collaboratively with their customers, developing and sustaining strong, long-term relationships that promote value and excellence in everything they do.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for a Level 4 Software Tester with Evoke Aviation Software Solutions a software solutions supplier for the aviation industry based in Hethel, Norwich.
Evoke Systems are an ambitious and innovative software company who supply specialist software solutions with valuable data analytic capabilities to the aviation industry. You will develop a comprehensive understanding of our various product suites, to ensure you are able to effectively undertake the highest level of quality assurance and software testing. This is a very interesting role that would suit an individual with strong attention to detail skills who enjoys working methodically and thrives on delivering high quality results, with a desire to build a career in Software Testing.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Attend and participate in daily briefings and scrum ceremonies, working on a variety of tasks and projects, and delivering consistently on sprint commitments.
- Robust manual and automation testing our specialist aviation software to validate it before it is implemented.
- Translate technical and functional requirements into clear, concise, detailed documented test plans and cases.
- Use your inquisitive and analytical nature to identify, investigate, and reproduce bugs, defects, configuration issues, and errors before tracking them through to resolution.
- The role will develop over time and therefore you may be asked to undertake additional duties to those above in accordance with your capability and business needs, for which you will be provided support and training.
- In summary, you will be supporting our software development function by providing a first-class quality assurance and testing service for our team and our airline customers to ensure the continuous improvement of our products.
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Excellent written and verbal English skills.
- Clear communication skills.
- The ability to build collaborative working relationships.
- Strong organisational and administrative skills.
- Highly organised with a methodical approach.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Diligent and attentive to detail.
- Excellent time and workload management skills.
- An understanding of the traditional software development life cycle and agile development methodologies.
- Interest in aviation
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive technical training online. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 4 Software Tester Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- Introduction to Software Development Theory
- Software Testing Tools
- Software Testing Concepts
- MTA Introduction to Programming Using Java
- Advanced Testing Concepts
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination to receive a professional certificate.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com