Level 4 Software Tester
Apprentice Software Tester
24 Lever St, Manchester, M1 1DZ
Hours: 37.5 hours per week – Monday to Friday
Wage: £18k dependant on experience
Please contact Steph on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01133 500 333
About the Company
Ignite provides an industry leading web-based insurance system that focuses offering customers an online self-service option. We integrate with major household names like Compare the Market, Experian and LV=. We are always looking for new opportunities to make our product or working day better. To do this we have deployed cutting edge technologies such as VueJS, typescript, .NET6, Grafana, and Prometheus as well as many other cloud native tools. In addition to this we have moved towards infrastructure as code on our CI/CD pipelines using Kubernetes and Docker. Alongside our deployment of the latest tooling from Azure DevOps, Azure and AKS.
Our offices are on the top floor of a converted factory building in the Northern Quarter in Manchester between Piccadilly and Victoria stations. The office culture is professional but relaxed, with no formal dress code and flexitime. Staff play 5-aside football, have games evenings, and often use the PS5 in the breakout area. We have monthly innovation days and staff are encouraged to continuously develop their skills through a generous training budget. Ignite has about 35 staff, of which around half are software engineers, who work alongside quality engineer, product analyst, and management teams. We are part of the global company Verisk. This structure means you get the day-to-day ease of working in a flat structure with relatively small number of people but with all the personal benefits and security from a global corporation.
The Software Tester will be responsible for the successful end to end testing of our solutions prior to deployment into production environments. They will also be responsible for investigating bugs, issues and problems that may be identified in the production environments.
Typical duties include:
- manual testing to identify bugs in systems
- writing test cases
- liaising with the test lead to give visibility of reported faults and progress
- learning about technical configuration and DB scripting
- learning about testing best practices
- testing large insurance integration clients such as LV= and GoCompare
In addition to the key role responsibilities outlined above, all staff are required to undertake the following responsibilities in adherence with company policies:
- Maintain a high quality of communications internally and externally
- Carry out any reasonable job-related task requested
- Implement and act in accordance with companies information security policies
- Protect assets from unauthorised access, disclosure, modification, destruction or interference
- Execute responsibilities in line with security processes or policies
- Adherence at all times to confidentiality clauses set out in employment contract particularly with regards to the handling of sensitive data and information
- Attend training courses provided by the company and maintain awareness and adherence to company policies and processes
Key Competencies /Skills
- Ability to quickly acquire knowledge of insurance terminology
- High attention to detail
- Ability to work well with people
- Strong communications skills
- Ability to quickly establish good working relationships with insurer clients
- Methodical, logical mind
- Enthusiasm for continual learning
- Holiday 25 days per year depending on experience and interview
- Pension scheme with employer contribution of 8% of salary
- Share scheme
- Up to 1-week paid charitable leave
- Annual season ticket loan
- Private medical cover
- Various voluntary benefits from our benefits package such as dental insurance, travel insurance, cycle to work
- Flexible working. Although it varies most team members come into the office 2-3 days a week.
- Innovation day once every 4-6 weeks where all teams down tools for the day and work on something to make that will make your day better or the product better
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
Estio apprenticeship training programmes are delivered virtually by our fully qualified and industry experienced training team. Using their expert knowledge, we’ve purposefully built our programmes around the real-world use of modern technology, so that the skills we create can be directly applied in the workplace.
Throughout the apprenticeship learners receive coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who are there to ensure they get the most from their work experience.
Successful completion of this apprenticeship gives you an accredited Level 4 Software Tester, with training in how to:
- Ensure that the software used within your business operates as intended.
- Design and prepare test plans and conduct software testing as appropriate to ensure your software is fit for purpose.
- Collect and interpret the results of testing and make appropriate recommendations.
- Understand the software lifecycle and apply software development practices.
- Document and report test results.
- Store, manage and share test data in a secure manner.
For a full list of programme modules visit: estio.co.uk/courses/software-tester
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com