Level 4 Software Tester
Full Address: Leeming House, The, Vicar Ln, Leeds LS2 7JF
Weekly Hours Worked:
Salary: 22K P/a
Please contact Ciara.firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
This is a fantastic opportunity to join us here at TruNarrative, a growing financial technology business that is a recognised leader in its field. Due to rapid growth in the UK, we require an Apprentice Software Tester. TruNarrative has a clear mission to make safe commerce simple by helping protect businesses and consumers across multiple sectors from the threat of Fraud and Financial Crime.
TruNarrative is based in central Leeds and has an open and supportive culture, a great working environment, fantastic benefits package and provides support for ongoing learning.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for an Apprentice Software Tester with TruNarrative an Information Technology & Services company based in Leeds City Centre.
Working alongside qualified and experienced professionals in our friendly and supportive teams, this is a great opportunity for you to continue your journey and become a forward-thinking software tester. We are a passionate team who see development as a creative and challenging endeavour and are looking for equally passionate and highly motivated people to join the team and help to deliver truly world beating products
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Attend and participate in the morning Scrum ceremonies
- Consistently deliver on Sprint commitments
- Collaborate with the team and other stakeholders, bringing ideas to life
- Manual Regression testing
- Automation testing
- Continual self-improvement and enhancement of developer and testing skills
- Adhere to company policies and procedures, behaviours and ethics
- Plus, any other reasonable management instructions as required for the business
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Some programming knowledge: HTML, Java etc (specific languages not required) would be beneficial
- PostgreSQL or another RDBMS
- RESTful Web Services
- XML, XPATH, JSON
- A-Levels, and/or a Level 3 qualification or relevant work experience
- Interest in and knowledge of Test-driven development and Test automation
- Good communication skills
- Eager to learn
- A professional work manner
- Able to communicate and put forward ideas along with asking for help when required
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive technical training online. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 4 Software Tester Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- Introduction to Software Development Theory
- Software Testing Tools
- Software Testing Concepts
- MTA Introduction to Programming Using Java
- Advanced Testing Concepts
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination to receive a professional certificate.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com