Level 4 Software Tester
Title – Apprentice Software Tester
Company – Cotham Technologies
Full Address – Engine Shed, Station Approach, BS1 6QH
Weekly Hours Worked – Monday-Friday 09:00-17:00
Salary – £18,000 PA
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
Cotham Technologies is a software vendor with its HQ in Bristol. Cotham Technologies is known for innovative technologies and products in the mobile application development market with its ground-breaking patent-filed FloFrame platform.
Until now, building an app has been a complex or costly procedure, outsourced to only the most technologically literate.
Cotham Technologies has recently revolutionised the market with an instant solution called FloPro, powered by its patented FloFrame technology. It was awarded ‘Best Mobile App Development Company 2021 – South West’ by Corporate Vision in their Technology Innovator Awards category.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for an Apprentice Software Tester with Cotham Technologies, an innovative software company based in the heart of Bristol.
Become trained and proficient in testing software applications by writing testing plans and performing testing processes as well as be first line in supporting app solutions for customers and partners. We will provide the necessary hardware and software for you to be able to conduct this role. There may be an opportunity to turn the placement into a permanent role upon review after the apprenticeship period. We can offer hands on training as well as encourage candidates to use online courses to build up their knowledge and experience in addition to their formal training.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Acquire skills in software testing
- Work closely with customers and internal teams including engineering, product management and sales and marketing
- Work on testing, documentation results and improving application performance
- Research and evaluate new technologies to maximise testing efficiency
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Graduates or students with a Computer Science/Information Technology or relevant degree with some coding experience
- Passionate about developing excellent products and high-quality code
- A problem solver with ability to develop creative solutions for challenging problems
- Versatility to work across technologies and coding frameworks
- Self-starter, motivated and results driven
- UX and UI Design Experience would be a plus
- Experience collaborating with team members and clients using agile processes
- Conduct yourself appropriately for working in business environment with respect for your colleagues and managers.
- Be industrious and have a good work ethic
- Have good communications skills both written and verbally
- Want to learn and develop yourself
- Situationally aware – notice differences and issues as they arise, resolve quickly or escalate when appropriate.
- Enthusiastic and driven with a desire to succeed and to help others to succeed.
- Willingness to learn through independent study and listening to experienced personnel carrying out a similar role.
Benefits of working at Cotham Technologies:
- Flexible working arrangements, including remote home working if desired
- This is a unique opportunity to be part of a truly innovative and breakthrough product and join a start-up in a high growth market
- You will gain practical experience in supporting, designing and developing mobile apps
- Pioneering: Be part of a movement to fundamentally change an industry, liberalising app development
- Mentoring and on the job training from founders and experienced staff
- Consideration for a full-time job offer, if apprenticeship is successful
- Passion and talent: Work with a nimble, passionate and dynamic team capable of lightning quick manoeuvring and execution
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive technical training online. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 4 Software Tester with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- Introduction to Software Development Theory
- Software Testing Tools
- Software Testing Concepts
- MTA Introduction to Programming Using Java
- Advanced Testing Concepts
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination to receive a professional certificate.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com