Level 4 Software Tester
First Floor, Spectrum Building, Bond Street, Bristol, BS1 3LG
Up to £24,000pa DOE
Please contact email@example.com or call 01133 500 333
Software Tester Higher Apprenticeship opportunity for one of the UK’s largest Software companies.
About the company:
Over 30 years, we’ve built a business with a unique focus. Software that helps sustain and enhance public services around the world. Backed by the direct experience of many of our people working in the public sector, Civica is focused on improved outcomes and building a business that will continue to deliver for communities globally.
With operations in the UK and Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, India, Singapore, Canada and North America, Civica is one of Britain’s largest software companies. While our history dates back to the 1980s, the Group in its present form was established in 2001. We currently employ around 5,000 people and we’re recognised for our strong people-first culture, including accreditation to the Investors in People ‘Gold’ standard in the UK.
- To perform test delivery activities on an allocated project or work-streams.
- Taking responsibility for allocated test deliverables, performing analysis activities during test preparation and test execution including recording the results and reporting issues through the agreed defect management process.
- Ensure that all test deliverables are produced in accordance with the Civica Testing Policy and all deliverables are peer previewed to drive quality in to the process.
- Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Ensure all personally produced test deliverables meet with the Civica Test Policy and Civica Test Framework
- Validation and verification of test inputs, functional specifications, requirements etc. for testability, ambiguity and completeness
- Produce test artefacts, Test Cases, Expected Results, Actual Results, Defects, Data, Defect Re-tests and Test Outcome Reports
- Manage the quality aspects of testing work and provide peer review of the testing artefacts produced by others in the testing team
- Provide accurate and concise process updates Senior Tester / Product Owner / Project Manager
- Assess and document any risks or issues that threaten the achievement of the testing deliverables
- Reporting Relationship:
- This role reports to the Head of Products and Development
- On a day-to-day basis working for the lead tester
- Continued liaison with the project / product teams, Project Managers, Product Owner, Business Analysts, Developers and Business Areas.
- Numeracy skills, including the ability to manipulate numerical data
- Versatility to work across technologies and coding frameworks
- Some understanding of test processes and methodologies (not essential)
- A proven interest in Software Technologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with a strong customer focus
- Be industrious and have a good work ethic
- A problem solver with ability to develop creative solutions for challenging problems
- Willingness to learn through independent study and listening to experienced personnel carrying out a similar role.
- 5 GCSEs, including English & Maths at grade C or above, or equivalent
- 2 or more A-Levels at grade C or above, or equivalent
We are committed to recognising, recruiting, and developing talent demonstrated through our apprenticeship intake.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive six weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual assessment, and help and guidance from a dedicated trainer who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 4 Software Tester Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- Investigating and Defining Customer Requirements
- Software Development Fundamentals
- Software Testing Fundamentals
- Testing Tools
- Testing Concepts
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org