Website Compass Group
Software Tester Apprentice
Title – Test Analyst Apprentice
Company – Compass Group
Full Address – Parklands Court, 24 Parklands, Birmingham B45 9PZ
Weekly Hours Worked – Days and shifts to be confirmed
About Compass Group Plc
Compass Group Plc (Compass) is a £22.9 billion turnover, global organisation and the world’s leading provider of food and support services. With operations across seven key business areas (Foodservice; Support Services; Business & Industry; Healthcare & Seniors; Education; Sports & Leisure; and Defence, Offshore & Remote), Compass serves customers in offices and factories; schools and universities; hospitals and senior living communities; major sports and cultural venues; and remote mining camps and offshore platforms.
Founded in 1941 as Factory Canteens Ltd, today Compass is a constituent of the FTSE100, employs more than 600,000 people in 50 countries worldwide, serving over 4 billion meals a year across more than 50,000 client locations. There are a wide variety of services, from on-site restaurants and cafeterias to providing vending machines and hospitality. An increasing number of clients also now utilise Compass’s building operations, maintenance, office management and cleaning services.
In 2017 the business generated £22.9 billion in revenue, up 4% in organic revenue growth on the previous year. From this, operating profit increased by 5.6% to £1,705 million compared with the previous year.
Group strategy is clear and well defined.
- Focus on food
- Incremental approach to support services
- Prioritise organic growth
- Bolt-on acquisitions
- Best-in-class execution
Food is the focus and core competence. Compass are committed to providing the best quality and value to their clients with best-in-class execution. The business focuses on innovation in their core food business to bring more variety and excitement to our offer as well as to improve their operations. They take a pragmatic and incremental approach to support services, with strategies developed on a country by country basis.
Compass Group UK & Ireland
We are the UK&I No.1 Catering services provider, a £2 billion revenue business, employing 60,000 talented people. We do it all. Tasty, healthy food that brings people together and makes them smile, and hospitality, building maintenance, cleaning and procurement services that make everyone’s day just that little bit brighter. We work behind the scenes at sports and leisure events, far flung oilrigs and military bases, and in the heart of schools, hospitals, care homes, client offices and boardrooms – some 15,000 locations across the UK and Ireland. maintenance, cleaning and military bases, and in the
Vision and Values:
Compass’s Vision is to be a world-class provider of contract foodservice and support service, renowned for great people, great service, and great results. How they achieve this is outlined in their Mission: “Everyone in Compass is committed to consistently delivering superior service in the most efficient way, for the shared benefit of our customers, shareholders and employees.”
The behaviours of Compass employees are guided by the collective Values of the Group:
- Openness, Trust and Integrity – setting the highest ethical and professional standards at all times, with all relationships being based on honesty, respect, fairness and a commitment to open dialogue and transparency.
- Passion for Quality – being passionate about delivering superior food and service and take pride in achieving this. Compass look to replicate success, learn from mistakes and develop the ideas, innovation and practices that will help them improve and lead the market;
- Win Through Teamwork – encouraging individual ownership but working as a team. Compass value the expertise, individuality and contribution of all colleagues, working in support of each other and readily sharing good practice, in pursuit of shared goals;
- Responsibility – taking responsibility for their actions, individually and as a Group. Every day, making a positive contribution to the health and wellbeing of customers, the communities they work in and the world in which we all live;
- Can-do Safely – taking a positive and commercially aware “can-do” approach to the opportunities and challenges they face.
Utilising these values, the Guiding Principles set out what guide’s the Group’s decision making:
- Safety, Health and Environment First – never to compromise on the health and safety of their customers and people, and to manage responsibly the impact the business has on the environment
- Delivering for Clients and Consumers – to earn the continued loyalty of customers by consistently demonstrating why Compass is the first choice for quality, service, value and innovation
- Developing People and Valuing Diversity – to recognise the diversity and contribution of their people. Compass creates a work environment that is challenging and provides the opportunities and support for everyone to develop, learn and succeed
- Profitable Growth – to deliver shareholder value through disciplined, sustainable growth, underpinned by strong governance, which contributes to and leverages the benefits of Compass’s global scale
- Constant Focus on Performance and Efficiency – to deliver the highest quality and performance, whilst relentlessly driving to be the lowest cost, most efficient provider
As a Test Analyst, you will take responsibility for ensuring that the testing conducted fulfils business requirements. You will do this by liaising with the project teams and developers to fully understand user requirements and expected system impact to ensure delivery is successful.
This role is all about playing a key part of the project life cycle, from a quality and testing perspective and be the driving force behind making efficiency improvements and building strong relationships. You will be required to vocalise issues and/or concerns to project team and developers efficiently. If you are someone who enjoys testing to a high standard and learning different parts of the business and system to avoid issues in production, this role is perfect for you.
You will need to be comfortable being involved from the start to finish of the software development life cycle, contributing at every stage – specifically taking full responsibility between development and User Acceptance Testing.
This is a position in a fast-paced environment and meeting deadlines will require perseverance.
This role will be primarily based in the Compass UK&I offices in Birmingham within the QA Test Team.
- The ability to understand and analyse technical documentation and have an awareness of quality requirements for software development projects
- Translate functional requirements and specifications into detailed test cases
- Writing your own Test Plans and Status Reports
- Running daily triages during test execution phase
- Perform manual testing for a range of software products
- Document test strategy and approach
- Execute test cases and analyse results
- Reporting, logging, tracking and managing defects in Azure Dev Ops
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure quality throughout the software development lifecycle
- Identify and escalate any risks and issues where appropriate
Experience & Qualifications
- Previous Test Analyst/Lead experience
- Previous manual testing experience of the following types of testing: systems, integration, regression
- Experience in handling multiple project\test cycles at one time
- Qualified to ISTBQ Practitioner level (or at least Foundation level)
- Experience using Azure dev ops
- Experience using SAP desirable
- To have an eye for detail and be methodical and disciplined
- Good problem solving and analytical skills.
- The ability to work under pressure but in a controlled manner
- To be able to communicate effectively in person, by telephone and in writing
- Gain great experience understanding how Testing plays a pivotal role in the project delivery lifecycle.
- Take on Lead Test roles for key projects.
- Interact successfully with other team members and build strong relationships with development teams and product owners
- Build in-depth testing skills and detailed knowledge on applications within a large successful company
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org