Level 3 Information Communications Technician
Company: Clarity Software
Full Address: Unit 7 The Pavilions, Cranmore Drive, Shirley, Solihull, B90 4SB
Weekly Hours Worked: 37.5 Hours per week
Please contact Jack on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
We’re a family run business with over two decades of experience in creating the most powerful quoting and estimating software on the market.
Work smarter, not harder with Clarity Software. Deliver accurate quotes and estimates quickly, make production workflows effortless and strengthen your new business pipeline. Our business management software makes a difference from day one.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for a Apprentice Software Support Engineer with Clarity Software, a Software House based in Solihull.
- Primary objective of this role is to support customers with technical expertise for our software products.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Provide telephone and web-based support services ensuring all issues are logged and completed within our designated SLA timeframes. Owning calls through to resolution.
- Work hand-in-hand with colleagues on the Support desk taking ownership of customer queries which require 1st / 2nd line support, as well liaising with Development, Sales and Service teams to aid resolution of customer queries.
- Gain in depth knowledge of the software application in order to optimise the best way the software can be used to streamline a company.
- Communicate sometimes complex solutions in a simple manner.
- Quickly build rapport / relationships with existing customers
- Provide world class telephone and web-based customer service for end users, including system/software installation, setup, in-depth issue analysis and database interrogation.
- Ownership of customer issues through to resolution
- Issues owned kept within our designated SLA timeframes at all times
- Liaise with other technical teams; QA, Development and implementation, to assist in resolving problems with software products and customer issues
- Managing your own assigned issues, but also working in collaboration with the rest of the support department to aid in issue resolution
- To comply with company policies and procedures including health and safety, data protection and security, safeguarding equal opportunities and ensure direct line reports do the same.
- To maintain personal and professional development to meet the changing demands of the job, participate in appropriate training activities and encourage and support colleagues.
- To undertake such other duties and training as may be reasonably required and which are commensurate with the nature of the post.
On completion of Apprenticeship a job may be offered at a salary equivalent to our Junior Software Support Engineer banding which is currently £18k – £20k depending on experience.
Thereafter opportunities exist across the business in a variety of roles as the business requires.
All equipment and training will be provided.
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- You will have excellent communication skills and a brilliant telephone manner and will be punctual, positive, flexible, and focused.
- You will possess strong analytical skills and the ability to understand business processes and problems and how/when to apply technical solutions.
- You will be willing to work hard and eager to learn.
- An interest in IT is mandatory!
- Willingness to learn
- Able to use own initiative
- Good interpersonal skills
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
Estio apprenticeship training programmes are delivered virtually by our fully qualified and industry experienced training team. Using their expert knowledge, we’ve purposefully built our programmes around the real-world use of modern technology, so that the skills we create can be directly applied in the workplace.
Throughout the apprenticeship learners receive coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who are there to ensure they get the most from their work experience.
Successful completion of this apprenticeship gives you an accredited Level 3 Information Communications Technician, with training in how to:
- Efficiently operate and control your ICT infrastructure – physical or virtual hardware, software, network services and data storage.
- Use infrastructure management tools to automate the provisioning, testing, deployment and monitoring of infrastructure components.
- Prioritise systems support tasks and monitor and maintaining system performance
- Maintain regulatory, legal and professional standards.
- Support the information systems needs for your business.
For a full list of programme modules visit: estio.co.uk/courses/information-communications-technician
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com