Level 3 Software Development Technician
Title: Studio Apprentice
Company: Atelier Studios
Full Address: Atelier IncuHive, 182 High St, Southampton SO14 2BY
Weekly Hours Worked: 9am – 5pm | Monday – Friday (Flexible) | 30 minute lunch
Please contact Tom.email@example.com or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
Atelier is a leading digital marketing agency based in Chilworth, Southampton, recognised
as one of the top 50 agencies in the South in the recent Wirehive100 league table.
We are now looking to find a passionate and committed individual to join our team in the
role of Studio Apprentice.
With guidance, mentoring and training you will support the studio team in creating new
and exciting websites and assets for our clients, as well as working on website
improvements, support and maintenance.
This role would be suited to somebody with a passion for the world of design and
marketing. Previous experience is not necessary, however we are hoping to find somebody
who can demonstrate their passion for a career in this field via their own research, work-experience or self-study.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for a Software Development Technician with Atelier Studios, a Web Design & Digital Marketing agency.
A new job opportunity for a Software Development Technician is now available, this is a great chance to join a fast-paced company and gain experience in the Web Design & Marketing industry. The successful candidate will be fully trained and offered support and guidance in all areas of the job role. We’re looking for a positive individual who’s willing to learn and take responsibility of tasks assigned to them.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Using homepage concepts to create designs for other subpages (using Adobe XD)
- Debug, test and troubleshoot layout and scripting issues across a variety of browsers and devices
- Quality assurance – in terms of both code auditing and front end as well as user acceptance testing
- Image sourcing and image editing
- Content addition
- Setting up CSS stylesheets for web projects
- Mock-up design concepts for website amends
- Implementing amends and changes to existing sites
- Setting up new pages on client websites
- Setting up WordPress core
- Setting up hosting packages
- Basic DNS management
- Providing support to clients via our Helpdesk
- Research on client websites, external sites and competitor research in advance of client meetings
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Good written and spoken communication
- Organisation – able to work on multiple projects at any one time
- Good troubleshooting skills
- Motivated and committed
- Working well under pressure – able to deliver within tight timescales and/or tight budgets
- You must be passionate and eager to learn more about the Web Design industry
- Possess a proactive attitude, going the extra mile
- Be presentable and punctual
- Have a close attention to detail
- Motivated and positive
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive technical training online. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Software Development Technician with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- Introduction to Development in C#
- Software Development Context and Methodologies
- User Interface Design and Development
- Introduction to Programming
- Introduction to Programming using Java
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination to receive a professional certificate.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org