Level 3 Software Development Technician
Company: Central Management Catalogue Agency UK (CMCA(UK))
Full Address: CMCA (UK), Suites 1- 4, Brindley Court, Gresley Road, Warndon, Worcester, WR4 9FD
Weekly Hours Worked: 37.5 hours
Please contact Jack on email@example.com or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
Based near Worcester, Central Management Catalogue Agency UK (CMCA(UK)) is a company that specializes in providing Through Life Management and Materiel Management solutions to a variety of blue chip clients across the defence and civil sectors, both nationally and internationally. Our services generally cover Procurement, Codification, Obsolescence Management as well as Long Term Storage. We are a well-established, progressive and dynamic company that has set itself ambitious growth targets to secure new business in 2022 and beyond, which necessitates an expansion of our software development capacity and capabilities. Consequently, a vacancy exists within the IT team for a Software Developer Apprentice, who will be responsible for helping the company to pursue its short-term goals and to achieve its future growth potential.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for a Software Development Technician with CMCA , a Through Life Management and Materiel Management solutions Company based near Worcester.
The post holder will be required to demonstrate excellent communication skills and have the ability to discuss issues/development of technical matters with staff members in an intelligible manner free from unnecessary technical jargon. Furthermore, he/she will need to be able to work either independently or as part of a team in order to identify suitable solutions where necessary. We therefore require a person who is approachable, results focus, determined and patient.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Train to a level where monitoring of systems allows the individual to provide recommendations for improvements and develop an understanding of system requirements which allows the individual to proactively maintain and improve systems.
- Manage the full development life cycle (from the user requirement stage to user acceptance testing) for projects using VBA and Access.
- Interpret functional specifications and perform system development work.
- Develop and modify applications using Access & VBA.
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- The ability to be trained to design, develop, manage and maintain software solutions using Microsoft Access with VBA
- The ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
- The ability to understand and translate requirements into specifications
- The ability to write user manuals and release documentation
- Good time keeping
- Attention to detail
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
Estio apprenticeship training programmes are delivered virtually by our fully qualified and industry experienced training team. Using their expert knowledge, we’ve purposefully built our programmes around the real-world use of modern technology, so that the skills we create can be directly applied in the workplace.
Throughout the apprenticeship learners receive coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who are there to ensure they get the most from their work experience.
Successful completion of this apprenticeship gives you an accredited Level 3 Software Development Technician, with training in how to:
- Implement secure code in appropriate languages of different types.
- Support the communication of software solutions and ideas to technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Conduct a range of test types.
- Build scripts in line with work instructions for deployment into the relevant environment.
- Design simple software solutions to meet your requirements using tools and techniques.
For a full list of programme modules visit: estio.co.uk/courses/software-development-technician
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org