Level 3 Software Development Technician
Apprentice Software Development Technician
Tipton & Coseley Building Society
70 Owen Street, Tipton, West Midlands, DY4 8HG
37.5 hours per week
£13,000 per annum
Please contact email@example.com or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
Tipton & Coseley Building Society was founded in 1901 as one of the first building societies in the UK. Today, we remain true to founding principles of mutuality and offer a range of savings accounts and innovative mortgage solutions to suit all financial needs.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for a Apprentice Software Development Technician with Tipton & Coseley Building Society, a Financial Services company based in Tipton.
To assist colleagues in their roles when using technology to ensure they are effective and efficient. You will be a primary contact point for colleagues dealing with any technology issues or challenges.
The role requires two primary areas of activity and skill:
- Customer service skills – creating positive and helpful interactions with colleagues
- Technology skills – resolving problems, fulfilling requests and providing help in a wide range of technology areas
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Analyse business problems or opportunities, including use of models such as use cases and process maps.
- Write code in SQL and other languages following an appropriate logical approach to agreed standards
- Apply appropriate secure development principles at all stages of development.
- Follow organisational and industry good coding practices. This includes those for: naming, commenting, styles, quality, programming standards, readability, reusability, and maintainability.
- Test your own and others’ code, finding and identifying errors, designing manual tests, and understanding results.
- Apply industry standard approaches for change management, configuration management and version control, to manage code during build and release.
- Create reports and reporting data sets
- Work independently, as part of a Society work group or collaboratively with suppliers to achieve the Society’s aims
- Describe the role and function of software components to a variety of stakeholders, including end users and team members.
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Able to provide excellent customer service and embrace the principles of our values GREAT and Treating Customers Fairly at all times
- A minimum of 5 individual GCSE’s at grades 9-4 (or equivalent) including Maths and English Language
- Good administrative skills with a knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Able to demonstrate capability in both the customer service and technology aspects of the role
- An enthusiastic attitude with a desire to learn and develop
- Good communication skills, both written and oral with a professional and comfortable approach dealing with all colleagues
- Excellent time keeping and attendance
- Able to solve logical problems.
- Act with Integrity
- Act with due skill, care and diligence
- Demonstrate cohesive working with your colleagues, peers and team
- Pay due regard to customers interest and treating customers fairly
- Observe proper standards of conduct
Be fully aware of the implications of the any regulatory requirements applicable to your role with regards to:
- The Anti-Bribery and Corruption Act;
- Money Laundering Act 2017;
- Data Protection Act 2018; and
- The Public Interest Disclosure Act 1998 (Whistleblowing).
You must keep up to date with phishing and other cyber security training and follow the advice in messages circulated by the Society on new risks as they emerge.
Be vigilant at all times to possible cyber security breaches and to report them to your Line Manager at the earliest possible time.
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive technical training online. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Software Development Technician with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- Introduction to Development in C#
- Software Development Context and Methodologies
- User Interface Design and Development
- Introduction to Programming
- Introduction to Programming using Java
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination to receive a professional certificate.
To apply for this job email your details to Josh.firstname.lastname@example.org