Level 3 Software Development Technician
Title – Apprentice Software Development Technician
Company – Kiklab
Full Address – Lonsdale House, 52 Blucher St, B1 1QU
Weekly Hours Worked – 10:00-18:30 Mon-Fri
Salary – £10,000-£12,000 PA (DOE)
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
Kiklab is a branding, website design and digital marketing agency based in Birmingham and Bucharest with over 15 years of experience helping businesses of all shapes and sizes.
Our team of designers, developers and marketing specialists are here to help you establish your brand identity, increase your online presence and maximise your sales.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for an apprentice software development technician with Kiklab a based in Birmingham.
We are seeking a motivated and ambitious individual who is passionate about software development and web design to join our established digital marketing company. We are currently seeing a big growth in demand for our services and therefore looking for an apprentice to support our existing senior web developer.
We work across a variety of business sectors including construction, health and fitness, technology and e-commerce to name just a few. This is a great opportunity to join an established and successful marketing agency based in Birmingham city centre.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Support our senior web developer to create websites for our clients,
- Test code and fix bugs,
- Work with sales and support teams to answer enquiries from customers,
- Maintain a methodical and organised approach to development,
- To communicate well with others and be part of the team.
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Strong problem solving/troubleshooting
- Understanding of API technology
- Photoshop knowledge
- Understanding of Responsive Web Design
- Understand written and verbal briefs
- An open mind and a love of learning new things
- Keen to learn new skills and expand your knowledge
- Ability to apply logical thinking to problem solving
- Enthusiastic and driven with a desire to succeed and to help others to succeed
- Situationally aware – notice differences and issues as they arise, resolve quickly or escalate when appropriate
- Be industrious and have a good work ethic
- Want to learn and develop yourself
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive technical training online. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Software Development Technician Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- Introduction to Development in C#
- Software Development Context and Methodologies
- User Interface Design and Development
- Introduction to Programming
- Introduction to Programming using Java
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination to receive a professional certificate.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com