Role: Junior Developer
Company: Bed Kingdom
Address: Old Delivery Office, Oldfield Lane, Heckmondwike, WF16 0JD.
Weekly hours worked: Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm
Salary: £14,000+ DOE
Please contact Tom Crossland on email@example.com or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
An online retailer selling a wide range of Beds, Mattresses and Furniture at fantastic prices. We offer a 2 man home delivery service covering the UK for free. There is over 1000 Beds and Mattresses to choose form many for Next Day Home Delivery. Bedkingdom.co.uk has some of the Lowest online Prices and can offer further discounts to Hotels and Schools for Bulk Orders
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for a Software Developer with Bed Kingdom, a furniture company, based in Heckmondwike.
We are currently looking for Magento Web Developer (PHP, MYSQL, Magento) to work alongside our talented development team. working primarily with Magento 2 . The successful candidates will be involved in the development of web applications for a number of online systems and a range of clients. To be considered you should have a solid programming background, particularly within the eCommerce sphere.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Demonstrable source control experience
- Analyse, design, code, debug, test, document & deploy applications.
- Participate in project & deployment planning
- Troubleshooting application and website issues to provide solutions for end users
- Writing and maintaining documentation on work completed for future internal reference
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- experience developing eCommerce solutions in Magento 2
- Strong Magento Back End skills and understanding of Front End structure
- Extensive experience of PHP and MySQL
- Must be a self-starter & be able to work with minimum supervision
- Work in a self-directed environment and write maintainable code
- Solid problem-solving skills
List of personality traits e.g. organised, good time-keeping, attention to detail
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive technical training online. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 4 Software Developer Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- Introduction to Software Development & C#
- Software Development Methodologies
- Software Development Essentials
- Developing Software Using SQL
- Software Languages
- Programming Skills
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination to receive a professional certificate.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org