Level 4 Software Developer
Company: Exceed IT
Full Address: 49 Mowbray Road, Edgware, London HA8 8JL
Weekly Hours Worked: 10am – 5pm (1 hour flexi-time)
Salary: £10,000 – £12,000p/a DoE
Please contact Tom on email@example.com or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
Exceed IT is a dynamic company aiming to provide small and medium businesses and individuals with low cost Web sites, bespoke software, computing services and related items. Founded in 2002, Exceed IT specialise in providing businesses with the effective technical support to help them grow.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for a Software Developer Apprentice with Exceed IT, a Software business based in Edgware.
This apprenticeship is designed for individuals specialising in the building of high-quality code across front end, logic and database layers. They are looking for someone with exposure to both the development and testing.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Involved in projects to keep them on track and successfully delivered
- Testing projects to ensure they meet specifications and requirements – challenging things that may be incorrect.
- Development as per abilities – e.g. minor editing, code level checks of the system going through to more significant feature building as per abilities.
- Reviewing logs and diagnosing / minor corrections of items identified
- Assisting clients on how to configure and use application features – both at a UI feature level and where applicable and able to investigate at a code level
- Documentation to help users going forward
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Interested in pursuing a career within Software Development
- Exposure to Testing
- Keen to learn
- Good Communicator
- Programming skills
- Excellent Time Management
- Communication is a key in our line of work
- Intrinsic desire to continually improve, learn & grow
- Attention to detail
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
Estio apprenticeship training programmes are delivered virtually by our fully qualified and industry experienced training team. Using their expert knowledge, we’ve purposefully built our programmes around the real-world use of modern technology, so that the skills we create can be directly applied in the workplace.
Throughout the apprenticeship learners receive coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who are there to ensure they get the most from their work experience.
Successful completion of this apprenticeship gives you an accredited Level 4 Software Developer, with training in how to:
- Create logical and maintainable codes for software development.
- Apply security best practice to the software solution throughout the software development life cycle.
- Apply appropriate recovery techniques to ensure the software solution being developed is not lost.
- Implement accurate and effective change control.
- Undertake unit testing of solutions, with appropriate levels of test code coverage, to identify and resolve issues.
- Apply suitable ‘bug fixes’ based on severity and priority.
For a full list of programme modules visit: estio.co.uk/courses/software-developer
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org