Level 3 Digital Support Technician
Full Address: Starling house, Lancelot Road Beacon Park, Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, NR31 7BF
Weekly Hours Worked: 37.5 hours Monday to Friday
Salary: £12,480 – £22,308
About the company:
Alderley is the integrated solutions provider for the global energy industry. Our priority is to maximise the value and efficiency of our customers’ energy assets – from concept to operation and beyond. We do this through our integrated energy solutions: advanced digital, mechanical, hydraulic, electrical, process and aftermarket solutions to meet the challenges and needs of a global energy system in transition. As an independent solutions provider, it’s our people that make the difference. Our local teams work closely with our customers to understand their needs and deliver the right solution with the flexibility, integrity and customer service you expect from a family business.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity with Alderley an integrated solutions provider based in Yarmouth, Norfolk.
The Apprentice Product Support Engineer is responsible for playing a crucial role in supporting our customers with product related issues and generating software licenses. This apprenticeship is designed to provide hands-on experience and exposure to Product Support. This is a great opportunity for someone motivated by customer interaction and technology.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Assist customers with technical issues by providing timely support via the relevant communication channels.
- Provide remote support via industry standard tools where applicable.
- Ensure support tickets are recorded appropriately and logged within the helpdesk system.
- Collaborate with team members to troubleshoot and resolve product-related problems.
- Assist customers with software installation and licence creation.
- Contribute to the development of support resources, such as our internal and external knowledgebases.
- Testing installation and operation of applications (including documentation) and ad hoc testing to support the development team.
- Assist customers with change notifications, proof of concepts, and product updates
- Evolve with our products, as we move towards real-time operational data, our support and SLAs are also evolving.QHSE
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to Quality, Health, Safety, and the Environment.
- Follow Alderley, and where appropriate Client’s, Quality, Health, Safety & Environment Policies and Safety Management Systems.
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement, and lead by example to ensure company goals are achieved and exceeded.
5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Excellent communication skills including both written and verbal.
- Able to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Customer-focused mindset with a dedication of delivering exceptional service.
- Flexible approach and a willingness to carry out a wide range of tasks.
- Basic understanding of IT/software applications.
- Eagerness to gain knowledge on new products and technologies.
- An ability to converse with non-technical people on IT issues without the use of jargon.
- Work with speed and precision. Adapt to change and think creatively to overcome obstacles. Be entrepreneurial to advance your area of responsibility, improve performance and reduce costs.
- Treat the business as your own. Always respect our people, customers and resources. Strive for continuous improvement and positively challenge yourself and others.
- Build lasting relationships with our internal and external customers. Work closely with them to understand their needs. Deliver added value for our customers and ourselves.
The role offers a permanent role upon completion of the apprenticeship depending on performance.
Training to be provided:
Estio apprenticeship training programmes are delivered virtually by our fully qualified and industry experienced training team. Using their expert knowledge, we’ve purposefully built our programmes around the real-world use of modern technology, so that the skills we create can be directly applied in the workplace.
Throughout the apprenticeship learners receive coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who are there to ensure they get the most from their work experience.
Successful completion of this apprenticeship gives you an accredited Level 3 Digital Support Technician, with training in how to:
- Helpdesk Operations and Functions.
- Maintaining Digital Systems and Services
- Fundamentals of Digital Systems.
- Administration of Digital Systems and Services.
- Change Management.
- Teamwork and Communications.
- Introduction to System Security.
- User and Stakeholder Training.
- Working in Digital Support.
- Data Operations and Security.
- Pathways and Career Progression.
To apply for this job email your details to Raymond.Duke@estio.co.uk.