Intuitive Systems & Networks
Level 4 Network Engineer
Company: Intuitive Systems & Networks Ltd (ISN)
Location: 1 Coped Hall Business Park, Royal Wootton Bassett, Wiltshire SN4 8DP
Hours: 37.5 Hours a week
Salary: £18K – £21K (DOE)
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01422 898 888
About the company:
ISN is a fully integrated IT Solutions, Security and Managed Service Provider. We support over 100 companies ranging from SMB’s (100 users) through to Global Enterprises (25,000+ users) on a 24x7x365 basis. Our clients are a mixture of long-term existing clients that have been with us for more than 10 years and we are always continuously growing our client base with new customers. An example of a recent engagement is the onboarding of Roadchef after successfully supporting Moto for many years.
We began in 2008 with the desire to deliver a personable, accessible service and our dedicated team makes us unique. We take the time to understand our customers and we’ll work to understand their needs and ensure that they receive the best technical solution and continued customer support.
Why should you join ISN?
At ISN we believe in investing in our staff and creating a working environment that will help you thrive. We work hard but also enjoy ourselves along the way with regular social events including team go-karting, escape rooms, bowling, team meals/curry nights, clay pigeon shooting, annual party and regular charity events.
The Senior Leadership team are collaborative and actively involved in the day-to-day running of the business. They sit alongside the team rather than locking themselves away in individual offices meaning there is very much an open-door policy. If you have an idea or request, they’re on hand to listen and help.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for an apprentice Network Engineer to join ISN’s growing team.
Technical Excellence in networking is crucial to ISN. We require someone who can build a strong relationship with our customers, display passion and enthusiasm for delivering brilliant IT solutions across wired and wireless networks.
We deliver to a variety of different companies, such as Moto, ISS UK, Road Chef, Kohn Pedersen Fox, Clear Channel, London Fire Service and other blue light services. As a Network Engineer, you will be a trusted advisor and technical contributor on technical projects, working with the team to ensure optimal service is delivered to our customers.
ISN partner with Cisco, VM Ware and SolarWinds, so you will be responsible for installing, configuring and supporting solutions based on those vendor product ranges.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Working within a team responsible for implementation of end-to-end network solutions, across routing, switching, security, data centre and wireless.
- Working with a team assisting with pre-sales demonstrations and conducting client estate audits.
- Go the extra mile for our clients, we pride ourselves in providing personalised, friendly and unique service.
- Engage with our clients, demonstrating ISNs commitment to their success.
- Be part of a team working to proactively ensure our customers’ networks and the services we are providing are running at an optimal level.
- Support the team as we deliver occasional services out of hours.
- 4 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Full clean driving license
- CCNA R&S is advantageous.
- Other network or security knowledge is highly advantageous.
- Any training or certifications with other vendors is nice to have but not essential.
- Some knowledge and experience of routing and switching, particularly across Cisco products.
- Some knowledge of WAN, LAN and wireless solutions, including VLANs.
- Some Network Security knowledge and some experience of firewalls would be advantageous.
- Technically Exceptional – A true technologist, you thrive on providing solutions through being intuitive and passionate about your area of expertise and the business benefits that technology can deliver.
- Trusted and Valued – Honest, hard-working, pragmatic, willing to learn, high attention to detail, even while working under pressure.
- People First – This position is at the forefront of the business and has an extensive client-facing element. The ability to build a strong rapport, both internally and with clients is key.
- Agile – As a team member, you will be expected to visit customers sites where required and permitted. The flexibility to engage with clients and being prepared to represent ISN online in meetings and workshops and doing the same in person when circumstances allow. This role wouldn’t suit someone wanting to remain home-based or expecting to work from the office for the majority of the time.
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive technical training online. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 4 Network Engineer Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- Cisco IT Essentials
- Network Principles
- Network Systems and Architecture
- Network Security
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination to receive a professional certificate.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com