Level 4 Network Engineer
Title: Network Engineer Apprentice
Full Address: UBDS, The Landing, Blue, Media City, Salford, M50 2ST
Weekly Hours Worked: Monday-Friday 9am – 5pm, although as reflected in the JD, this role may need some additional on-call hours as required
Salary: £13,000-£15,000 + 10% discretionary bonus
Please contact: email@example.com or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
UBDS is a leader in helping public and private enterprises digitally transform their businesses, securely harnessing, integrating, migrating and operating Cloud technologies.
Enabling Digital Services to be delivered faster, more efficiently and more cost effectively, we focus on delivering our client’s digital transformation goals, through:
- Being outcomes focused – financial savings, user experience, timing needs.
- Selecting and delivering leading edge solutions.
- Using a holistic, practical and integrated approach covering the modernisation of networks, infrastructure, applications and security wrap.
- Taking full lifecycle delivery responsibility, from strategy through to implementation.
- Delivering at pace, whilst effectively mitigating risk and controlling costs.
Recognised for our deep expertise, our team includes delivery management and engineering advisors and practitioners working with the latest Cloud technologies across Networks, Infrastructure, Applications, Data Intelligence and Security. Principle Cloud services and vendors we work with include but are not limited to, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Cisco, Microsoft Azure and Microsoft 365, VMWare and Zscaler. We continuously invest in and deliver in leading capabilities; examples include SD-Wan Networks, Zero Trust Computing, Internet of Things, Automation, and preparing for Cyber-secure Space Mining.
We operate and work with international clients across the Europe, the Middle East, and Africa, with ambitious and exciting transformation agendas. We are proud to have a very diverse team, speaking over 10 different languages. We are ambitious and have a strong team ethic. Our rapid growth means there is no ceiling with regards to development and growth.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for a Apprenticeship Network Engineer with UBDS, a Digital Transformation Services business based in Salford.
You will be working in the UBDS’s state of the art Infrastructure Operations Centre (IOC), learning to provide engineering customer support across a number of technology stacks, including Cloud (AWS/Azure), Networking, End User Compute and MS Office 36 Services.
It is the IOC’s responsibility to ensure all supported services are optimal, through proactively monitoring all environments via event management tools, carrying out frequent proactive environmental checks and planned changes. Ensuring that any service and security incidents are managed quickly and effectively.
You will be assisting with any major incidents that occur within the IOC supported environments, and helping the team to find resolutions. You may be required to attend site or to work out of hours on an on-call rota.
To underpin your success in this role, you will be mentored and supported by UBDS’ engineering subject matter experts who specialise in technologies across the engineering portfolio.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Working within a team for all internal technical support within an Azure/AWS, application SaaS environment
- Assisting with incident management
- Assisting with event and problem management across various monitoring platform, including problem records, workarounds and identifying root cause (RCA’s)
- Leading RCA technical sessions ensuring that any knowledge management required is created and managed, such as IOC artefacts, workarounds and changes for any identified permanent fixes
- Supporting the team in ensuring all customer service levels and internal KPI’s are met and exceeded wherever possible
- Helping to manage IT operations and network equipment like routers, switches, firewalls, and access points
- Assisting the team with network infrastructure and Cloud engineering support
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- An awareness, understanding and interest in networks, communications and Cloud computing
- Grade 5 or above in Maths
Desirable Skills Required:
- An A-Level/BTEC or equivalent in an IT or technology focused subject
- Some work experience/internship experience of working in call service, customer service focused environment would be advantageous
- Motivation to learn
- Ability to work under pressure
- Strong analytical thinking
- Good communication skills
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive technical training online. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Digital Marketer Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- Cisco IT Essentials
- Network Principles
- Network Systems and Architecture
- Network Security
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination to receive a professional certificate.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org