Title: Level 4 Network Engineer Apprentice
Company: Giotech HQ
Full Address: 113 Cannon Workshops, 3 Cannon Dr, London E14 4AS
Weekly Hours Worked: 40 hours per week
Please contact Josh Ankers on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
Founded in 2005, Giotech is a world-class provider of Managed IT Services based in the heart of the Docklands, East London. We have clients all over the UK, Europe and Asia and are adept at working alongside both SME and Blue-chip clients. We go above and beyond the standard managed service providers and truly become the Partner of our clients.
Brief Job Description:
Estio Training have an exciting opportunity with Geotech Limited. Giotech are looking for a Level 4 Network Engineer based within London.
As a key part of our IT helpdesk, you will be responsible for logging client calls as the first point of contact and diagnosing faults and incidents. Following the diagnostic process you will resolve any hardware or software issues and test with the end user or escalate the fault to the 3rd Line engineers.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
• Investigate, diagnose and resolve software and hardware faults on client devices.
• Log tickets and respond to clients within our agreed SLA. Keeping tickets up to date and striving to close as soon as possible.
• Complete user changes (new user setups, permission changes, user leavers) within our agreed SLA following strict authorisation processes.
• Provide excellent Client Relations
• Complete simple builds and installations on networking equipment including servers, routers, phone systems.
• Complete laptop and PC builds
• Complete site-visits on client sites as required.
• Complete out of hours emergency critical following the out of hours schedule
• Escalate any faults/problems that cannot be fixed in the 2 stage fix process.
• Document any changes to the client processes on the client profile.
• Pass any consultancy events to the consultancy team and keep the client informed.
• 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
The following skills are essential for the role:
• Experience in the latest Windows/ Mac/ Linux operating systems
• Excellent Client Relations
• Willingness and ability to learn
• Able to work as part of a team and on own initiative.
• Ability to work attentively.
• Eager to learn.
• Ability to form good working relationships.
• Highly motivated, pragmatic and practical with a strong work ethic and eye for detail with good problem resolution, judgement and decision-making skills.
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive eight weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Skills Development Coach who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 4 Network Engineer Standard with training in areas such as:
• Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
• CompTIA A+ Certification
• Network Principles
• Network Systems & Architecture
• Network Security
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com