School ICT Services
Level 3 Information Communications Technician
Company: School ICT Services
Full Address: The Courtyard, Swillington Lane, Swillington, Leeds LS26 8BZ
Weekly Hours Worked: 37.5 hours per week
Please contact Lois on email@example.com or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
School ICT Services is a Leeds based, leading provider of MIS (Management information system) and IT Support to schools nationally since 2009. As a business focused on service delivery, our people are our most important asset and we make every effort to ensure that we recruit and retain the best people in the business. Our MIS Consultants and IT Engineers have significant relevant education experience in their field of expertise. We enjoy a very low level of staff turnover, therefore our customers benefit from a high quality, responsive and efficient service delivered by a team of people whose advice and guidance can be trusted and relied upon.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for a MIS Support Apprentice with School ICT Services, an Information Technology & Services company based in Leeds.
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for a MIS Support Apprentice with School ICT, based at the Head Office in Swillington, Leeds. This role would be to join our best-in-class MIS Support team who deliver software support and training on SIMS, Arbor and Scholar pack. It is our aim to help schools to make the most effective use of their MIS system. This role will primarily be working with customers to resolve queries/faults on a specialist education focused MIS helpdesk, as well as sharing best practice for use of software with customers. Full training will be given to the successful candidate on using and supporting the software.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Remotely connecting to users to investigate and fix software issues.
- Deliver first line telephone, email and remote support across a range of software modules.
- Helping to create professional documentation for our customer portal to help minimise helpdesk calls.
- Complying with security, password, and data GDPR policies.
- Continually update and develop knowledge and skills in line with market changes.
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Good Attention to detail
- Excellent problem solving and investigative skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and written with good customer service skills
- Ability to work independently or effectively as part of a team
- Motivated and ambitious
- Willingness to learn
- Calm under pressure
- Good timekeeping
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
Estio apprenticeship training programmes are delivered virtually by our fully qualified and industry experienced training team. Using their expert knowledge, we’ve purposefully built our programmes around the real-world use of modern technology, so that the skills we create can be directly applied in the workplace.
Throughout the apprenticeship learners receive coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who are there to ensure they get the most from their work experience.
Successful completion of this apprenticeship gives you an accredited Level 3 Information Communications Technician, with training in how to:
- Efficiently operate and control your ICT infrastructure – physical or virtual hardware, software, network services and data storage.
- Use infrastructure management tools to automate the provisioning, testing, deployment and monitoring of infrastructure components.
- Prioritise systems support tasks and monitor and maintaining system performance
- Maintain regulatory, legal and professional standards.
- Support the information systems needs for your business.
For a full list of programme modules visit: estio.co.uk/courses/information-communications-technician
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org