Six Town Housing
Level 3 Information Communication Technician
Six Town Housing
6, Knowsley Place, Bury BL9 0EL
National Minimum Wage
Please contact Ciara.firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
Six Town Housing is an Arms Length Management Organisation (ALMO), which was set up in 2005 to manage the housing stock owned by Bury Council. We provide a wide range of services to around 8000 homes in Bury and aspire to deliver great services that improve the quality of your home and neighbourhood.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for a ICT Apprentice with Six Town Housing, a Government Administration Company) based in Bury.
You will support, maintain and promote ICT solutions throughout the organisation, enabling it to achieve its business plan through the successful delivery of the Vision For Digital Strategy.
You will provide 1st line helpdesk and 2nd line support to all staff, on a broad range of equipment and software packages.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Develop and maintain various diverse ICT systems to support the company’s business needs. e.g. the housing management and repairs systems, ICT ticketing system and ad-hoc databases.
- Maintain the ICT Asset system – ensuring that the location of Six Town ICT equipment is kept up to date, including the logging, deployment and disposal of assets.
- Creating and deleting user accounts, deploying and removing security policies and access rights to ensure that staff and systems are effective in meeting the organisations objectives.
- Analyse all requests received via the ICT ticketing system and provide technical advice and assistance to meet the requirements of the ticket. These cover all aspects of ICT Hardware and Software installation, problem solving and identifying new development projects for ICT.
- Support and train staff in the Housing Management Information System (currently QL) and Microsoft 365 applications and other core applications to ensure that staff are effective in meeting the organisations objectives.
- Contribute to the improvement of ICT services identifying improvements to systems.
- The post holder will be required to carry out any other duties commensurate with the role.
Everyone is expected to:
- Maintain a safe environment by working within health & safety guidelines and being aware of your responsibilities for health and safety.
- Comply with Six Town Housing policies and procedures. Within these boundaries, you are expected to use initiative to resolve problems and address issues.
- Value diversity and promote equal opportunities and inclusion.
- Comply with GDPR and data protection legislation and relevant policies and procedures where applicable.
- Ensure the quality standards and performance measures applying to your area of work are met and facilitate continuous improvements in all aspects of your role. Ensure that you work within Six Town Housing’s Quality Management System.
- Act as an ambassador for Six Town Housing, promoting the organisation and its services positively and behaving in a manner that is consistent with our values.
- Undertake any other duties and tasks as may reasonably be required.
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft 365 and similar applications
- Previous IT experience
- Experience with iOS and Android devices
- Experience of relational databases
- Strong Interest in IT
- Excellent communications skills; written and verbal
- Ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels, in person, over the telephone and using e-mail.
- Ability to prioritise and problem solve to ensure that deadlines are met.
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive technical training online. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Information Communication Technician Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- Introduction to IT Support
- Stability and Resilience
- Testing and Problem Solving
- Introduction to Networks
- Cloud Systems
- Support Teams
- Specialism (Digital Communications, Network or Support)
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination to receive a professional certificate.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com