Level 4 Network Engineer
Company: Anvil Mobile/Ritesim
Address: Wenden Rd, Station Rd, Wendens Ambo, Saffron Walden CB11 4LB
Weekly Hours Worked: Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm
Salary: £12,000 – £15,000 Per Annum
Please contact Ami on Ami.Wilson@estio.co.uk or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
Anvil Mobile, founded in 2009 as a Business-to-Business communications provider specialising in Mobile data networks and services for businesses and the public sector. Such services include Fixed IP (Static IP) data SIMs, Dynamic IP SIMs, Backup solutions for Broadband and Bonded SIM Solutions for both large scale and bespoke projects.
A team of IoT specialists, our total focus is to support and guide those who require internet connectivity for their business anywhere in the world. From IoT and M2M solutions, through to private VPN infrastructure and industrial SIMs, we have all your connectivity requirements covered.
We currently have over 280,000 connections active on any one day and supply global corporate entities as well as small businesses. What we promise is that you will receive personal service from one of our Management Team from your first enquiry onwards. We only use Tier-1 networks so the quality of the product we supply is always first class.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for a L4 Network Engineer Apprentice with Anvil Mobile/Ritesim, a specialist telecommunications provider based between Cambridge and London.
To provide technical support to customers – work will involve remote and occasional local on-site visits.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- To visit and support client systems to ensure maximum reliability.
- To give advice to clients on how to maintain their IT systems.
- To carry out upgrades to clients’ IT systems as required (visits/remote support).
- To support client staff in making the best use of their IT systems.
- To give advice to clients on planning for their future IT needs.
- To install IT equipment, within the contract limitations.
- Will be required carry out other duties including hardware/software installation, helpdesk and internal support.
- Occasional 2nd line Helpdesk support for a national customer base.
5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Able to work on own or as part of a team.
- Able to keep up to date with the latest technological advances.
- A good logical approach to problem solving.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- The ability to build up a good rapport with client staff at all levels.
- Flexible and adaptable.
- Good timekeeping.
- Conscientious and self-motivated.
- Can-do attitude.
- Good telephone manner.
- IT enthusiast.
- Attention to detail.
- Driving License favourable.
- Willingness to learn.
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
Estio apprenticeship training programmes are delivered virtually by our fully qualified and industry experienced training team. Using their expert knowledge, we’ve purposefully built our programmes around the real-world use of modern technology, so that the skills we create can be directly applied in the workplace.
Throughout the apprenticeship learners receive coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who are there to ensure they get the most from their work experience.
Successful completion of this apprenticeship gives you an accredited Level 4 Network Engineer, with training in how to:
- Install, configure, and test network components, including optimisation and maintenance.
- Investigate, identify and resolve technical performance issues in networks.
- Apply the appropriate tools and techniques when securely operating and testing Networks.
- Acquire and analyse network performance data to monitor network activity.
To apply for this job email your details to Ami.Wilson@estio.co.uk.