Level 4 Cyber Security Technologist
Full Address: 1 America Square, London EC3N 2LS Data analyst, Level 4 (Higher national certificate)
Weekly Hours Worked: 37.5 a week
Expected start date will be September.
Please contact Alfie on Alfie.Cook@estio.co.uk or call 0113 3500 333
About the company:
BMS is a dynamic, independent global broker established in 1980, delivering specialist insurance, reinsurance, and capital markets advisory services. Our purpose is to help people, businesses and communities flourish and prosper in a world of risk.
We are a global brand with offices located across the US, Canada, Latin America, Australia, Europe and Asia with both a strong local focus and understanding of market needs. Being independent gives our brokers the freedom to deliver the best solutions and combined with our collaborative team approach, single platform worldwide and renowned personal service, we are the independent broker of choice.
Brief job description:
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our Early Careers programme, working closely with a variety of experienced IT professionals across the business, with exposure across other areas of the group. This position will provide an opportunity for an aspiring IT professional to join a growing and busy business, learning ‘on-the-job’ in a dynamic and collaborative environment whilst studying for an industry recognised qualification.
This role will be based in our London office, with the opportunity to work from home in a hybrid fashion.
About the department
IT & Change has never been so central to the success of BMS Group. As a leading broker that delivers insights through its use of data, our success is built upon using powerful analytics to find optimal clients solutions.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
As the technology landscape develops, the demands of our employees and clients continue to evolve. IT and Change aim to match this growing demand through providing:
- Next generation IT platforms – ensure all staff have the tools to maximise productivity and client service.
- Innovation Lab – positioning us an innovative, forward-looking broker to win work and attract talent.
- Data – embed and enrich data to drive better insights for clients.
- Scalable, resilient, and secure by design – strategic systems that can be scaled rapidly and cost efficiently.
IT & Change consists of:
- Information Security – Keeping the business running and secure, by applying protection to thwart current and emerging threats.
- Architecture – Aligning IT platforms to business capabilities, strategic architecture, and service definition.
- Technical Services – Engineering and support of IT business applications and management information.
- Procurement – Procure to pay, vendor management, supplier portfolio management, IT finance.
- Service Delivery – IT support, cloud and infrastructure, and information security services.
- Change – management of the change portfolio, and delivery of projects.
- IT Service Desk – day-to-day user support.
5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
Skills Required / Personal qualities:
- A proven interest in Information/cyber security.
- Complex problem-solving skills.
- Creativity and attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills.
- Personally demonstrates the five BMS values: Accountable, Entrepreneurial, Collaborative, Empowering and Disciplined.
In addition, apprentices will also receive:
- 200 clothing allowance upon joining.
- £50 per month BMS contribution into a workplace ISA for the duration of the apprenticeship scheme.
- Membership to the Chartered Institute of Insurance.
- £400 qualification award upon completion of Level 3 certificate.
- Full study support including revision aids, exams and study days.
- Student discounts.
Through our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) vision, we are committed to ‘building a culture of belonging for all, valuing diverse perspectives and embracing authenticity.’ As such, we have created our ‘BMS Together’ programme, with dedicated training, collaborative committees and intentional partnerships. In support of our ESG vision, we offer two additional paid days each year to take part in charitable work.
BMS offers flexible and hybrid working policies and we’re happy to discuss options with you upon application. Please let our team know if you require any adjustments to support you through the application process.
The role offers a permanent role upon completion of the apprenticeship depending on performance.
Training to be provided:
Estio apprenticeship training programmes are delivered virtually by our fully qualified and industry experienced training team. Using their expert knowledge, we’ve purposefully built our programmes around the real-world use of modern technology, so that the skills we create can be directly applied in the workplace.
Throughout the apprenticeship learners receive coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who are there to ensure they get the most from their work experience.
Successful completion of this apprenticeship gives you an accredited Level 4 Cyber Security Technologist, with training in how to:
- Discover potential vulnerabilities, threats and hazards in your systems, services, and processes.
- Develop security designs and configure, deploy, and use appropriate cyber security technology to protect your business.
- Identify, analyse, and develop security cases to defend against potential threats.
- Write program code or scripts to meet a given design requirement that improves your cyber security.
- Understand latest attack techniques and recommend ways to defend against them.
To apply for this job email your details to Alfie.Cook@estio.co.uk.