Level 4 Business Analyst
Full Address: 1 America Square, London EC3N 2LS
Weekly Hours Worked: 37.5 hours a week.
Salary: £26,000 a Year
Please contact Alfie on Alfie.Cook@estio.co.uk or call 0113 3500 333
About the company:
BMS is a dynamic, independent global broker established in 1980, delivering specialist insurance, reinsurance, and capital markets advisory services. Our purpose is to help people, businesses and communities flourish and prosper in a world of risk.
We are a global brand with offices located across the US, Canada, Latin America, Australia, Europe, and Asia with both a strong local focus and understanding of market needs. Being independent gives our brokers the freedom to deliver the best solutions and combined with our collaborative team approach, single platform worldwide and renowned personal service, we are the independent broker of choice.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for a Business Analyst with BMS, an independent global broker established in 1980 based in London.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our Early Careers programme, working closely with a variety of experienced Change Management professionals, with exposure across other areas of the group. This position will provide an opportunity to join a growing and busy business, learning ‘on-the-job’ in a dynamic and collaborative environment whilst studying for an industry recognised qualification. This role will be based in our London office, with the opportunity to work from home in a hybrid fashion. Find out what it’s like to work at BMS here.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
The Business Analyst is a vital member of our Change team, responsible for:
- Analysing business processes.
- Identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Working closely with stakeholders to define, prioritise, and implement solutions.
- The Business Analyst is a detail-oriented, data-driven, and communicative professional who will develop a strong understanding of business operations and a passion for driving positive change.
IT & Change consists of:
- Information Security – Keeping the business running and secure, by applying protection to thwart current and emerging threats.
- Architecture – Aligning IT platforms to business capabilities, strategic architecture, and service definition.
- Technical Services – Engineering and support of IT business applications and management information.
- Procurement – Procure to pay; vendor management; supplier portfolio management; IT finance.
- Service Delivery – IT support, cloud and infrastructure, and information security services.
- Change – management of the change portfolio, and delivery of projects.
- IT Service Desk – day-to-day user support.
5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
Skills Required/ Personal qualities:
- A proven interest in both technology and what makes people tick.
- An enquiring mind.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Good communication skills.
These supplement the five core BMS values:
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, 27 days holiday, plus access to our personalised benefits platform, Your Rewards, including:
- Comprehensive private medical cover for you and your dependents.
- Complimentary annual health checks.
- Access to a virtual 24hr GP.
- Critical illness cover.
- Gym subsidy & dedicated wellbeing support.
- Retail discounts.
- Opportunity to purchase equity.
- Defined contribution pension with at least 7.5% from BMS.
What’s in it for me? In addition, apprentices will also receive:
- £200 clothing allowance upon joining.
- £50 per month BMS contribution into a workplace ISA for the duration of the apprenticeship scheme.
- Membership to the Chartered Institute of Insurance.
- £400 qualification award upon completion professional qualification.
- Full study support including revision aids, exams and study days.
- Student discounts.
Through our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) vision, we are committed to ‘building a culture of belonging for all, valuing diverse perspectives and embracing authenticity.’ As such, we have created our ‘BMS Together’ programme, with dedicated training, collaborative committees and intentional partnerships. In support of our ESG vision, we offer two additional paid days each year to take part in charitable work.
BMS offers flexible and hybrid working policies and we’re happy to discuss options with you upon application. Please let our team know if you require any adjustments to support you through the application process.
The role offers a permanent role upon completion of the apprenticeship depending on performance.
Training to be provided:
Estio apprenticeship training programmes are delivered virtually by our fully qualified and industry experienced training team. Using their expert knowledge, we’ve purposefully built our programmes around the real-world use of modern technology, so that the skills we create can be directly applied in the workplace.
Throughout the apprenticeship learners receive coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who are there to ensure they get the most from their work experience.
Successful completion of this apprenticeship gives you an accredited Level 4 Business Analyst, with training in how to:
- Investigate the wants, needs, problems and opportunities for your business.
- Analyse performance of your processes and suggest recommendations for improvement.
- Identify your data requirements to improve your business.
- Create data models to illustrate how your data is represented within your business systems.
- Assess the costs, benefits, and impacts of suggested changes to your business.
For a full list of programme modules visit: estio.co.uk/courses/business-analyst
To apply for this job email your details to Alfie.Cook@estio.co.uk.