Level 3 Information Communications Technician
Granville House, The Heights Business Park, Ibstone Road, Stokenchurch, Buckinghamshire, HP14 3BG
Mon – Fri 9am-5pm
£16-18k per year
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
Turning a fencing contractor business into the UK’s leading wholesale supplier of gate and fencing accessories teaches you a thing or two about what’s needed, and what works, when it comes to quality solutions. It’s why we’re trusted by suppliers, merchants, and homeowners alike.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for an IT apprentice with Birkdale Sales, a wholesaler, based in Stokenchurch.
Birkdale Sales are going through an ambitious digital growth journey and we are looking for an Apprentice Junior Support Analyst to join our team in delivering a world class Digital experience for our users, customers and suppliers.
As one of the UK’s premier specialist and rapidly growing fencing wholesalers, Birkdale relies on the efficiency and effectiveness of its IT operation to consistently deliver against a 100% customer-centric focus. To deliver on our promise to consumers, we count on exceptionally talented, innovative, and committed people.
We would like to grow our team through an exciting apprenticeship scheme, which would consist of an 18-month program where at the end the program you will receive a Level 3 Information Communications Technician certificate.
The program will consist of hands-on work at our Stokenchurch head office, mentoring from the existing Digital team members with a combination of online courses covering Testing, Networks, Security, Cloud systems amongst many other topics with modules designed to teach you both the technical and business skills you need to thrive in a long-term career at Birkdale Sales.
Working as part of our Digital team, this role will see you deliver service support to resolve incidents as they arise.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Act as the front-line face and voice of Birkdale Sales’ IT function to the internal customer community, suppliers and customers representing IT in a positive manner at all times
- To provide IT support to end users, answering support queries via phone or email with a
- high first fix ratio
- Use enhanced customer service skills to maintain a high level of customer service at all times for all support queries
- Use effective questioning techniques with end users to triage issues and ascertain the likely root cause of issues to aid successful first contact resolution or correct escalation point
- To take ownership of problems and be proactive when dealing with user issues
- Escalation of support tickets to most relevant Support Engineer or Third Party supplier for fastest resolution
- Maintain communication with the end user during the lifecycle of the service supportticket
- Review the support ticket with the customer, post-resolution to ensure all problems have been resolved to the satisfaction of the user
- Actively monitor ageing tickets, keeping average age to an absolute minimum
- Log and maintain quality documentation for all service calls on the ITSM software package
- Maintain a log of consistent issues on behalf of customers and represent these in regularcontinuous improvement meetings to aid long-term resolution
- Resolve non-technical support queries such as system password resets where agreed
- Train new starter on the use of Birkdale Sales hardware and security essentials
- Perform weekly/monthly security and server health assessments
- Use Dameware for remote access to users
- Use a wide range of tools to test/troubleshoot and analyse
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Excellent telephone manner and face-to-face communication skills
- Relationship building skills
- Strong customer awareness & empathy
- Questioning techniques
- Team working skills
- Problem solving skills
- Prioritisation skills
- Organisation skills
- Basic understanding of IT foundations, including PC and software
- Customer Service and Relationship Building techniques
- Experience working in a fast-paced customer service role
- Action oriented with a desire to ensure customer satisfaction
- Self-starter with the ability to work under own initiative and under pressure
- Able to interact clearly through various means of communication
- Professional – able to present a positive image of IT to customers
- Fast learner
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
Estio apprenticeship training programmes are delivered virtually by our fully qualified and industry experienced training team. Using their expert knowledge, we’ve purposefully built our programmes around the real-world use of modern technology, so that the skills we create can be directly applied in the workplace.
Throughout the apprenticeship learners receive coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who are there to ensure they get the most from their work experience.
Successful completion of this apprenticeship gives you an accredited Level 3 Information Communications Technician, with training in how to:
- Efficiently operate and control your ICT infrastructure – physical or virtual hardware, software, network services and data storage.
- Use infrastructure management tools to automate the provisioning, testing, deployment and monitoring of infrastructure components.
- Prioritise systems support tasks and monitor and maintaining system performance
- Maintain regulatory, legal and professional standards.
- Support the information systems needs for your business.
For a full list of programme modules visit: estio.co.uk/courses/information-communications-technician
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com