Level 3 Software Development Technician
Junior Software Developer
Units 4-5/Grove Dairy Farm Business Centre/Bobbing Hill, Sittingbourne ME9 8NY
9-5 Mon – Fri
Please contact Darcy on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
Affinitus Group was established by leading IT professionals in 1990 as an IT Business Solutions provider to organisations within the Distribution, Manufacturing and Warehousing and Storage sectors.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for a Software Developer with Affinitus Group, based in Sittingbourne.
We are currently seeking to recruit programmers to join our existing team to develop and provide day-to-day support for our well-established ERP software. Working within the development team, the role will incorporate some customer facing interactions, support work and occasional travel to customer sites around UK with occasional international travel.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- develop and provide day-to-day support for our well-established ERP software. Working within the development team, the role will incorporate
- some customer facing interactions
- support work and
- occasional travel to customer sites around UK with occasional international travel
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
Skills Required (intermediate knowledge in as many of the following as possible):
- SQL Server (2005 upwards) including T-SQL
- Inheritance and OOP design principles.
- Database design and basic database admin procedures
- Knowledge of Accounts based solutions.
- Android App development
- Ability to express technical concepts to a non-technical audience both verbally and in writing.
- Analytical and problem solving ability
- Hunger to learn and continue personal/career development
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Customer Service experience both face to face and via telephone
- IT Support Desk experience
- The ability to work within a team or on own
- Experience of working within any FMCG or food related environment
- Flexibility and adaptability.
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive technical training online. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Digital Marketer Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- Introduction to Development in C#
- Software Development Context and Methodologies
- User Interface Design and Development
- Introduction to Programming
- Introduction to Programming using Java
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination to receive a professional certificate.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com