Level 4 Cyber Security Technologist
Junior Security Consultant
Unit H2, The Brewery Quarter, High St, Cheltenham GL50 3FF
Please contact Tom.firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
Pentest People are a UK-based boutique security consultancy focusing on bringing the benefits of Penetration Testing as a Service (PTaaS) to all its clients. This innovative approach to security testing combines the benefits of a consultant-led penetration test and vulnerability assurance through a technologically advanced SecurePortal, providing a living threat system to its clients and benefit through the life of the contract rather than just a single point in time.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for a Junior Security Consultant with Pentest people a Cyber Security based in Leeds and Cheltenham.
The role will be working within Pentest Peoples consultancy team based in the Round Foundry near central Leeds. The Junior Security Consultant role involves using Pentest Peoples automated (cloud based) vulnerability scanners. These tools are used to perform external vulnerability assessments on client’s infrastructures.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Planning and managing the delivery of external security tests and associated information.
- Undertaking additional security assessments such as external penetration testing and other projects as required.
- Communicating directly with key project stakeholders; including clients, both orally and in writing.
- Producing accurate and thorough reports and managing secure delivery to the client.
- Reviewing reports written by other team members, ensuring that discrepancies are detected and resolved.
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Good all round technical knowledge and a detailed understanding of networking protocols.
- Good all round technical knowledge of information security concepts.
- A passion for ethical hacking and IT security.
Pentest People are looking for someone with a strong technical background who is able to demonstrate a passion for network security related subjects, including but not limited to; infrastructure penetration testing, Web application security testing and vulnerability research. The successful candidate will be an excellent communicator and be able to build professional rapports.
This role is perfect for someone with passion and drive to learn with a ‘can-do’ attitude. Someone who is not afraid of hard work and strives to impress!
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive eight weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Skills Development Coach who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 4 Cyber Security Technologist Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- CompTIA A+ Certification
- Cyber Security Introduction
- Network & Digital Communications Theory
- Security Case Development & Design Good Practice
- Security Technology Building Blocks
- Employment of Cryptography
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com